xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Moneymaker

Does anyone live in new yourk or Buffalo?

If you live around buffalo or new york you have to know about the weather. Brutally cold winters, very hot summers, whats up with that? But you do get used to it. and whats with all the fish freis? :P

HA HA! I found this topic by accident! Wow a fellow Buffalonian eh? Well I hope there are more of us around. I would be nice to have Xisto members over for some Bar Be Que someday...Buffalo, or Western New York region, summers are not that hot actually. Because the humidity is lower than let's say New York City, Miami or Los Angeles that the Buffalo summer is actually quite enjoyable. And when it gets too hot, a summer shower is right around the corner to cool it off and just like that, the temperature will fall 10 degrees. Winters are cold, however, but I like snow so I have no problem with that. You have to make the best of what you have, you know?The reason Buffalo feels like fish fries are everywhere is because Buffalo is hometown to many Polish Catholic descendents. And if I remember my religion studies, Catholics practice avoiding consumption of red meat on Fridays--well at least the priests do. So it was born; fish Friday. Buffalo is home of not only the best Buffalo Wings (the origination of deep fried chicken wings mixed with special hot sauce or BBQ sauce, and not what Jessica Simpson thought as the actual wings of Buffalos), served with blue cheese and celery sticks, it also features one of the best beer battered fried fish menu. You think the English knows about fish and chips? Well, come down to Buffalo, New York and try beer battered fish with curly fries. Mmm mmm good!

Well I am not from Buffalo let alone live in New York but I was born in Albany. I have always wanted to move back but never have because hey I go where my parents go. I lived there til I was 5 and moved to florida where i have moved a couple times to different parts but never to snow zone.