xisto Community
mtnbluet

Nano Technology has entered the machine level

Human cells are producing energy constantly. Nanotechnology is capturing that energy to do useful things. Last year the University of Georgia had made great strides with it by using zinx oxide which is nontoxic. Now at the University of Edinburgh, a nanomachine has been created that runs by itself. Maybe eventually our own body could power an iPod through nanotechnology.

Being a die hard fan of the Max Steel animation series (which featured the Nano Probe infused crime fighter of the same name), I fancy this technology a lot. It would be really cool to have these miniature devices powering up every device and getting rid of the bulkiness of the current gadgets.

BTW, here's the correct link to the article.

Very interesting,if this works out correctly it seems we could have smaller batteries that last even longer it sounds like. Of course you always have to worry about them destroying everything in their path, but if that doesn't happen this could be yet another breakthrough in the era we live in today.

So far according to the article the nanogenerators aren't powerful enough yet to power a laptop, but a watch, an iPod a cellphone or a palm maybe so. All in all, it seems like science-fiction turning more science than fiction! I wonder if in the near future we could also get small gadgets to fly around - that's one of my secrets desires! Fly like a superhero! LOL ;)

I just read the article. And, it kind of scares me...This things are so tiny that could get into your body and produce a lot of harm..I just hope the kind of technoloy is used in a appropiate way..Remember, about the bio weapons ?? Well those weapons, in the beginning were not developed for war..They were developed for medical uses, to try to understand viruses, so we could fight viruses better...but, like allways..It ended up, being a wapon of massdestruction...Imagine thousands of this micro machines programed to get into your eyes and make you blind ¡¡¡¡ Amazingly possible with this breakthroughs.

I think it's a pretty good idea but there is some risks involved, you never know what these things can do to your body but if they somehow get a way for it to work without doing harm then think of the possibilities. It could be a money saver too depending on how much they will cost (no doubt it will probably be expensive) but you will be saving the cost of batteries or saving the cost and trouble of recharging too.-HellFire

If these things can be made to cause damage to our organs, its bound to be exploited by someone at some point of time. Now, I am not too knowledgeable on this science, but from what I feel, these things are supposed to be power suppliers, right? They can't spread like viruses and cause damage via multiplying (or do they?)On the other hand, the vision of the positive revolution these devices can (and most likely will) bring is really fascinating. But, will it be wise to believe that they won't cause any sort of harm, even after being cleared via the numerous tests that will proceed. Who knows when a new flaw would popup? Imagine the state of thousands of panick stricken people (who would be using the nano devices), when they come to know of such a new development (bug/flaw/side effect w/e you call it).While I am really looking forward to this technology reaching the masses, my gut feeling says, it'll never be safe.

The nano technology ideas totally rock. I figure, one day we ca all load our iTunes into our own brains, and we'll just have to think the music to get it to start playing. Ha, try and catch me listening to my music in class NOW...

Being a die hard fan of the Max Steel animation series (which featured the Nano Probe infused crime fighter of the same name), I fancy this technology a lot. It would be really cool to have these miniature devices powering up every device and getting rid of the bulkiness of the current gadgets.
BTW, here's the correct link to the article.

hey ,even i am a big fan of max steel series and yes who knows may be the nano tech would make us run like that max steel guy ,nano tech is the new development i feel in the field of technology ,it would really make the world go on a different stage,isn't things which we watch in cartoons become real so soon,nano tech is the future of all inventions i feel

Spacesuits will one day generate their own nanopower.

How about the protein prestin found in the cilia of the human ears. These prestin accept nanovoltages which they turn into cell elongation and contraction. The result is sound amplification.

The above protein is being investigated toward the day that similar proteins will cover astronauts suits and produce power from the astronauts movements. You can read more about it at
https://www.newscientist.com/

I just read "https://www.newscientist.com/; And Guys,,this is really amazing...This makes me imagine about a future of biomachines, like once I saw in sci fi series...Gosh,,I thought it was fantasy,,but if this guys harness the power of this protein...Some day we wont have any electricity bills..and nanobots of course would be everywhere..Gosh imagine a nanobot cleaning your veins from any excess of colesterol..or anotherone that picks and eliminates any blood dirtiness,,,Gosh that will ensure good health for life..imagine you playing futball with your grandfather..Gosh it could be possible..if this nanobots come through,,but like allways it could have a sad side too...imagine it being used in wars as nanokillers..Amazing,,just amazing..

http://phys.org/news/2009-05-rotors-nanoscale.html
someday nanogenerator for electricity will be everywhere. so we will not need any charger for our gadgets. of course for spaceship, industry we should pursuit for new energy resources. such micro-scale of reaction inside star.

Spacesuits will one day generate their own nanopower.
How about the protein prestin found in the cilia of the human ears. These prestin accept nanovoltages which they turn into cell elongation and contraction. The result is sound amplification.

The above protein is being investigated toward the day that similar proteins will cover astronauts suits and produce power from the astronauts movements. You can read more about it at
https://www.newscientist.com/

This technology seems utterly revolutionary and cutting-edge! yuhuu you touch on a very interesting point though - the scope for this technology to be used for evil. If nanotechnology is capable of being harnessed in such a way as to make it a weapon then this is extremely worrying - the micro-Antithesis of the nuclear bomb. (Small scale technology that could have similar genocidal outcomes.)Obviously this technology does have a significant amount of 'good' uses. Also obvious is the fact that the cost of the technology is astronomical (no pun intended :o) and it will probably be a long time - I'd say upwards of 25 years - before this technology becomes a deomestic possibility.