xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Aka_Bar

Internet Calls: Pc To Phone Suggestion...

I use Skype to Skype calls, so it's PC to PC, but I know there are quite cheap services here in Lithuania, when you pay monthly and can call Skype to some Lithuanian number, I guess mobile too and talk, but I don't know if it works the opposite way, but I've read that it's possible, even in Skype there are some options I never use to call to normal phones, just that you need to pay some $$$ but I guess it's cheap.. ;P

Thanks for the testimonials! I'm looking to change services soon.

Skype has had a good reputation for a long time and now it appears to have better prices at least in the U.S. It also has something you might not realize the significance of: It now includes encryption. That is significant, since it has been reported recently that VoIP is routinely hacked, allowing "bad guys" to listen for your account numbers, etc.

I am amazed at what Gizmo5 now offers! I last checked them out shortly after they changed their name to Gizmo5, and concluded that they were one of the "also-rans." They clearly have been doing a lot of development. I am particularly impressed that they now have a download for lots of cell phones, and they also interoperate with Asterisk!

Clearly, phone services are changing rapidly! :rolleyes:

I think Skype is the best voIP, not free but the best, most reliable, good audio quality for landlines. Rates are still much cheaper than landline to landline.for PC to PC Skype is definitely superior.