xisto Community
TavoxPeru

Problem With My Mouse

Hi, i have a problem with my mouse -a genius netscroll ps/2-, it is very strange because whatever i do with my pc like downloading, use any software, listen to music, read mail, etc. it freezes for a very very short time, i'm not pretty sure but i guess that this problem is happening because a couple of weeks ago i install a mini optical wheel usb mouse to test it or maybe its because i have a problem with my hard disk.Best regards,

It might be a problem due to driver incompatibility, try rolling the drivers back. I don't believe the HDD issue has anything to do with it.The best way to determine the troubler in these cases is to rollback and think exactly what you changed before the problem started.

It could be possible that the mouses optical led is dirty, so first off i'd check if it's clean. You can try blowing hard into it and that should solve it.You say that you tested it with another mouse and it had the same problem. It could also have something to do with your desk or mousepad. Try using the mouse on a different surface and see what happens.If that doesn't work it's possible that there is a process running on your computer that does something at certain intervals and whenever it 'runs' that's when your mouse can freeze. Check your task manager and see if theres any process using quite a bit of cpu usage when it shouldn't be-HellFire

well... maybe it's just not the mouse that's freezing... maybe your whole computer is just freezing up for a few seconds...if it is the mouse, try installing the newest drivers on the net (you will find them at the Genius web page) and if that does not work... try taking a benchmark test... if the whole computer freezes... then format your windows partition...and reinstall all the drivers on "clean"... if that does not work, it may be your RAM or your hard drive... or maybe even your mainboard... try checking them in this order...hope it will be of use....smyke

I deal with comp issues like this on a daily basis, check how many processes and processor power is being used through your task manager. Also go to a site like webroot or trend micro and do a free virus/spyware scan and see if your comp is infested. Also you might want to download and run RAM test program and check to make sure your system RAM is fully functional. After making sure your comp isn't playing host to some virus or spyware, and free stuff like McAfee that a few ISP's offer or AVG are good, and so is Spybot S&D but they don't get as much SW as a paid program like Spysweeper or Pest Patrol.After scanning your system and making sure its clean then checking for updated drivers would be the next step. Also as someone stated before, make sure that your optical lens on the mouse is clean, but from what your describing I don't think thats the issue, its your system thats freezing up for a split second.

I feel the driver might be the problem ,just reinstall the driver or maybe i feel it could also be a virus as nowadays there are so many virus that roaming ,there are a lot of mouse virus roaming nowaday ,which also corrupts the hardware

First of all thanks everybody for your help, well, after a complete cleaning of my PC including my mouse of course, the problem is resolved 99% i think, because there still is a little issue when i move the mouse horizontally. I got this problem because i dont uninstalls the optical mouse in the correct way, i simply detach it.Hopefully the HDD, RAM and Mainbord are not the problem, i rolling back all the drivers and then i install the new ones from the genius website.The optical led is clean but this mouse is not the one with trouble, this mouse i installed a few weeks ago and when i do it it also installs some drivers and services. These services and drivers were left behind -as i say above- so i manually proceed to uninstalls and deletes these from my system because are part of the problem, after that the problem was solved in a 90%. I also check my task manager and everything is fine, there are the usual processes. The other 9% is related with the complete cleaning of my PC, i removed a lot of dust from my hardware.Also, i run a complete scanning with S&D with good results, no presence of troyans or spyware, only some cookies and logs were reported and cleared.The only things i dont do are to perform an online scan for virus and spyware, that i will do in a few moments.Best regards,

mouse too fast

Problem With My Mouse

I have to go fix my mouse up each time I turn on the computer as it is always to fast and I can not double click when it is like that, please help thanks Vicki

-Vicki