xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tallkid

Speaker Problem

Sounds like you have a driver problem or lack of one :)
What version of windows did you reinstall?

What you need to do is to find out what model soundcard is in the pc and then if its intergrated and or if its a seperate PCI card.
Is your pc a prebuilt one like a Dell and have the audio sockets on the motherboard? or is it a seperate card?
Dell, Compaq etc wil have all the drivers on thier sites..just search with the model number and find the drivers that match your version of windows.
If its a PCI card such as a soundblaster then look on Creatives website a set of drivers that match.
Another suggestion could be looking up the driver on http://www.driverguide.com/ you will have to register with a proper email but they dont spam you just send you a password.
Good luck and post if you have a problem..

well lets starti think here are many Factors can be problem. So first of all you need to check your hardware!!! may be your Sound Card or Sound System crushed!!! so go and check in BiOS if its working after that come back here and report me, i think that i can help you

Open up the device manager. To do this, right-click on My Computer and select Manage. Then select the Device Manager from the left side of the window. Look for yellow question marks and exclamation points. If you find any (possible under 'Other Devices' or 'Sound, Video and Game Controllers') please post them.

Is your pc a prebuilt one like a Dell and have the audio sockets on the motherboard? or is it a seperate card?

More very important information we also need to know.

I have a good feeling that it is a driver issue considering you just reinstalled your operating system. You should have received some driver or system CDs with your computer. If not you can just download the drivers.

One more thing. I don't want to insult your intelligence but you should also double check and make sure nothing is muted. Check your speakers for proper connectivity and check your volume levels in Windows. I've been approached a couple of times with similar issues and it was as simple as unchecking a mute box.

download any sound drivers that you can find for your sound device, then go the device manager in windows and look under the sound,video, and game controllers tree, find your sound countroller and uninstall it (right click and uninstall, or the button on the menu bar at the top) then scan your computer for new hardware and follow the prompts, windows should detect that the hardware is not installed and find drivers for it, if it asks point windows to any new drivers that you might have and install them.

if everything goes well, you should see the device again the the device manager, no yellow exclamation mark and if you double click on it the status should be

This device is working properly.
If you are having problems with this device, click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter.

if windows asks to restart, you should and even if it doesn't ask, you should anyway! hopefully that should fix your problem!