xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
DaEmOnFiRe

How To Set Up A Dedicated Server Counter-Strike dedicated server setup

help with IP

How To Set Up A Dedicated Server

Ok I have a deticated server with mods and all setup

But

The IP it gives me is not working(192.168.0.105)

What do I do to get the right one?

-ZOoYork

erm -_- where can i find steam/steam app??

Erm I'm not good at english...I really wna create server...But unfortunately..I cant find steam/steam app...Shud I create new folder??plus if vista wat amx mod shud I download or install??linux?windows??...Pls can you help me??

-izzat

mapchooser4

OK I installed the plugin and rockthevote works but I don't know how to set it where regular players can choose a map. I know amx_mapchooser has to be set a 1 but how do I do that. I know I am a noob please help. Lol

-reply by Greg aka TRAITOR

Replying to FoRsAkEn When I start the dedicated server and I give th ip to my frnds they cant access the server bt I can!...They say it tells them "Server not Responding"...Can you plzzz help me to make my server work on the internet???

How to setup

It's really simple on how to set up your dedicated server.

See, go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Admin-123

[no user]-admin / password

123-123

Or admin-password

They are the most common.

Go to Port Range Forwarding.

For Application put > HLDS

For Start put > 27015

For End put > 27015

For Protocol put > Both

For IP Address put > 100 at the end

Check Enable > Save Settings

You're good to go. To get to STEAMAPPs, do the following

Open My Computer > Local Disk [C] > Program Files > STEAM > STEAMAPPS

> Your STEAM username > Dedicated Server

There ya go, I went a little further then STEAM APPS, but taught you how to get to your dedicated server files, to add plugins, or admins.

Plugins > Are in the Addons > AMX MOD X > Configs > plugins.Ini

--HOW TO INSTALL AMX MOD X--

Go to http://www.amxmodx.org/ and go to Downloads. Get the full installation for AMX MOD X [get the most recent] and install into your Counter Strike folder.

--HOW TO INSTALL PLUGINS--

Go to http://www.amxmodx.org/ and click Plugins, type in a name, download the .Amxx file, and put that .Amxx file in the plugins folder in your dedicated server file [i showed you how to get there up a bit] and then go to your plugins.Ini and then add the name [EXAMPLE:: nameofplugin.Amxx]

-reply by Paul

I did everything ,but I still can't figure it out...I'm using a router andWhich IP I'm supposed to give to others to connect trough?The one from https://www.whatismyip.com/ with a :27015 in the end of it? The one from the router is unreal and only I can connect through it and it stays in the server's IP box?

still having a prob

Hello all

I want to create a server of counter strike I want your help...

I have 1mbps dsl of ptcl...

I have one router with which 3 pcs are connected... The router is of azetech dsl 600 eu. After the router I am using a switch. I also have ptcl shiro but I am not using it.

Now My problem is that I am not able to create the cs server with this assembly. Whenever I create the server it doesnt show itself in the game.. So no one can join my server.. But is I gibve anyone my server's ip... They can join it... What is this???

I have exprimented these things with my small home network...

1. Changed my connection type to bridge to make the connection same like dialup... But now it cant be used because if I use this type otherz pc cannot have internet access...

2. I used port forwarding. I am currently using it.. This gives only the advantage that if I give my ip to someone.. He can easily access to my server but still it doesnot show in the counter strike game...

3. Turnes firewall off, antivirus off.. Nothing changed

4. Tried to make NAT off but without it internet cant connect

My current internet settings are...

Internet connection type PPPoE,

VPI 0

VCI 103

Sharing enabled

Blah blah blah

PLEASE HELP ME...

Any confusion in getting what I am trying to say ??? please give me a reply or mail me at mosfets.Bjt@gmail.Com

THANKS IN ADVANCE

-reply by waqas

So I run my dedicated server application. When I want to change the map from the application window they only give me the default maps I want to add fy maps or other non default maps to application window so I can play them through lan. I have amx mod for it 1.80 sumtin linke that. And I cant seem to change the maps to the fy ones because they don't appear in the menu of maps to choose from-question by john

Server req.

I have a 5000/1000 dl/ul connection, and a alienware laptop with 1 GB Ram, 2.0 GHz AMD Processor, with a 512 GForce 7950 Card. Good for a server.?

Webhosting as a server ?

I was wondering if I could use my webhosting account to host counter strike games... If yes can anyone help me out ??? PLEASE!

-question by Amulya

admin reply

=================

This is not possible on Shared Hosting Account.

This is Possible on a VPS.

Cheap Managed Linux VPS (Virtual Private Servers) Web hosting with Ultra fast dedicated speed with BURSTABLE RAM.

https://xisto.com/

It doesn

Hi I'm new here,

I followed the instrutions but my server is a 192.168.1.X.(IP) and not a online server ip like 85.XXX.XXX.XXX

Can somebody help me?

THANKS

-reply by Rocky Tang

My cz dedicated server starts...But when I run cz and go to find servers in cz menu my server is not there in internet list...Then I directly put my server ip address in console...Then it diaplays lan servers are restricted to local clients only[class C]...(I start the server in internet only)...Plzzzzzz help I wnt to play cz wid my friends ...Please help me guys.-question by MeTaLSkuLL