xisto Community
Levis

phpBB 3 Beta4 I was just blasted away

Ummm... well, has anyone actually tested phpBB3 for any huge security holes yet? Just because something looks good doesn't mean it is secure!

Anyways, I'll stick with SMF/XMB.

[N]F

Dude that is not the point everything has security holes and it takes time to find them. The point is that they have introduced new features that they neve have before. Dude why are you always so negative...it gets annoying after a while. Do you really think that SMF doesn't have security holes? PHPBB 3 is in beta mode adn itll take time before the scripters get it right. Why can't you just say its a good start?

Dude that is not the point everything has security holes and it takes time to find them. The point is that they have introduced new features that they neve have before. Dude why are you always so negative...it gets annoying after a while. Do you really think that SMF doesn't have security holes? PHPBB 3 is in beta mode adn itll take time before the scripters get it right. Why can't you just say its a good start?

Not that many security holes... when you're releasing 1 or even 2 build PER MONTH something is up. I was once on the phpBB mailing list and removed myself because of all the security notices that was flooding my inbox. If it was coded in a different manner, it would be excellent software. I just think it is better to go with software that has a better reputation of being secure. Nothing is 100% secure, duh. Pretty much everyone knows that. Somethings are just more secure than others. Like Linux vs. Windows. When I boot into Linux, getting plagued with viruses is the last thing on my mind.

Anyways, as Xbox said, I think this time they were focusing more on security. We'll just see when it goes stable! :P

[N]F

Hmm, when booting onto windows, being plagued by virus's is the last thing on my mind too (no AV, no firewall, no spyware/viruses), if there are security holes, there not being exploited on my end heh.