xisto Community
t3jem1405241533

Time Warping Or Not? Does time warp in strong gravity fields or when your moving close to l

einstein theory?So he has some proof time in the second/minute sense actually exists?And it's not just one going faster or slower than the other?Just trying to understand LOL.

Faster than a speeding light waveWhat chance of a faster-than-light starship?By BBC News Online science editor Dr David Whitehouse New experiments show that some things can travel faster than the speed of light. But the Universe always manages to ensure that we can never use the effect for anything useful, like building a faster-than-light starship or travelling back in time. It is a fundamental law of physics, a fact that is built into the architecture of the Universe and taught to every student, that nothing can travel faster than light which is roughly 300,000 km a second (186,000 miles). Well not exactly. The Universe does have this speed limit but recent experiments would seem to suggest that in certain circumstances something can travel a bit quicker. According to Einstein's special theory of relativity, a faster-than-light signal would violate the "causality principle," which states that "causes" always precede "effects." The recent experiments are not especially new. Physicists have been making light pulses that travel faster than c (the speed of light in a vacuum) for years. They key point however, is that none of the experiments could be used to send information faster than c. Difficult experimentsIn one experiment, led by Anedio Ranfagni, of the Italian National Research Council, microwaves were sent through a narrow, ring-shaped opening onto a large mirror, sent the waves back to and behind the source. The arrival times of these pulses showed that they travelled at speeds 5% above c. The work is described in a recent issue of the Physical Review Letters. But some researchers say the effect may be an illusion caused by light taking a shorter route through the optical system than expected. However, the Italian researchers do not believe this and say there is a "a shadow of a doubt" about faster than light effects. In the other experiment, a pulse of light that enters a transparent chamber filled with caesium gas reaches speeds 300 times the normal speed of light. According to the researchers, the main part of the light pulse leaves the far side of the chamber even before it enters at the near side! A research paper on the experiment, by Lijun Wang of the NEC Research Institute in Princeton, US, is reported to have been submitted to a major science journal, though it remains to be seen how far it will get. Flashing lightsThere is some debate about these type of experiments because they are very difficult to do and could be plagued by many unknown errors. Most physicists would say they are interesting but that in every case there will be a loophole that will allow nature to protect the causality effect. For years, scientists have been gathering evidence of faster than light, so-called superluminal, phenomenon. On a simple level, a flashing row of lights can display signals that move from one end of the row to the other end faster than c if the lights flash on and off in time. But scientists point out that the effect is an illusion and that nothing physical is travelling faster than c. In space, some 20 years ago, astronomers were puzzled, briefly, by distant objects that appeared to go faster than c. The explanation was that when an explosion occurs at speeds comparable to c then it can appear from the outside that the lightspeed limit is being violated.

einstein theory?
So he has some proof time in the second/minute sense actually exists?

And it's not just one going faster or slower than the other?

Just trying to understand LOL.

it's very confusing hehe erm yer probable time is defrent for every one it's not a constant
depends on the speed your going

the faster you go the slow time is for you

well as a believer of our Lord God above I dont personally believe that time warping is probableor should i say possible. but just to let you know if you really are into this kind of stuffs i wouldrecommend you to read the book of stephen hawkings i forgot the title but it is one of his famous books i am sure it will come out if you google stephen hawkings. he stated in his book how timewarping can be possible. he said that time is the fourth dimension of our existence then he explainedmore its up to you if you will read it or not (",)

AlrightI was reading through this topic last night, and that lead me into going around and doing some research about the Speed of Light, reference to the speed of light, experiments regarding the sped of light... And a tiny bit of time travel.I really didn't find anything that was all that new or constructive to add, I just like reading about this stuff when I get bored.Anyway, one of the earlier posts mentioned an experiment that sent light into a transparent chamber filled with caesium gas, and that the result was the light travelling at 300 times the normal speed of light. That was one of the most fascinating things I'd read, just trying to properly fathom that.Anyway, on the actual subject of time travel. There seemed to be some strange misconceptions about what the thread was really asking early on. It was, as far as I know, not referencing travelling through time, with time being a tangeable dimension to measure. Any measurements of time are, of course, man made. In my mind, time exists, but it's all from the frame of reference of every person.And it has been tested, syncronizing clocks and having one remain stationary while the other is travelling at high speeds, though minimal, there was a difference of a couple miliseconds where the travelling clock was behind the stationary.That does say that travelling at fast speeds will cause time for one specific reference point (A person, clock, animal, test subject, etc) to pass by at a slower speed.I do not believe at any point, the author of this thread meant Science-Fiction-Esque time travel where a switch is flicked and you've gone several thousand years into the past. There were no imlications of skipping through time made, only that the passage of time could/could not be slowed down based on Gravity or Velocity.Anyway, I kinda wrote all that off the top of my head, I hope it's constructed well enough to at least follow properly.

Just my OpinionTime Warping Or Not?

in my own opinion, ONLY, hehehe, Light travels Straight, is it possible that, Light can be Pull? by a Gas or Super Baccuum? How come even light cant escape? Is there something mystical? Something can trully warp One Thing to the past or to the future? Light is something untouchable.. So, is it really possible? Gravitational Pull of Black hole can change the Direction of a Light?

-reply by Jush