xisto Community
torres1287

Easyjournal-a Good Blogging Site Good Blogging Site

I have found Easyjournal to be a very cool blogging site. I thought I would pass along the link.

http://www.easyjournal.com/

Here's what they say about themselves. :-)

Easyjournal is the easy way to keep a blog or journal online. No special software or technical skills are needed.
With thousands of registered users and a broad range of features and personalization capabilities, we hope you'll find our FREE service powerful and fun!

Easyjournal is sincerely free; that is not a joke. There is a paid version of Easyjournal though. The only difference between the paid version and the free version is: there aren't any advertisements, you can host public comment forums, create your own journal templates, and upload & store images.

The subscription is paid in increments of either 6 or 12 months.

I have experienced a free Easyjournal for over 3 years. :-)

I use Easyjournal to record the daily events I go through in case I ever want to publish an autobiography. You can passcode your account to keep out people you don't want in. You can also send out an e-mail to your friends when you update with one click. You can receive and post comments on people's journals. There is also a private messaging system via Easyjournal. :-)

I would suggest you check it out. :-) I don't work for Easyjournal or blah blah blah or anyone related. I am just a happy user. :-)

I have personally never been fond of blogging sites and live journals and such but my misses has found some interesting ones lately (mostly with comedic material).Anyway, this one you visit sounds half decent so I might check it out for the misses (she's been hunting around at them for awhile now).

It really is a good site. I think the misses would like it. She can use free templates that they have. All she has to do is click on one and it will apply it to the whole journal. :-) Also, they show yearly visit reports. I can tell you how many visits I have had to my journal all year. It gives you a daily average of visits, as well as an average of comments. :-) Enjoy!Have a great day everyone!

Sounds good, but it might be awhile before she can, her parents are finicky on there bandwidth (although they were dumb enough to get a 400mb bandwidth limit plan.....), she wen't onto the BigPond Blog site which is unmetered but she doesn't like it.

SelectABlog is also quite good. Its website is at http://www.selectablog.com/home.php

The free version offers:
2 weblogs per account
Choice of languages for your Blog Manager
Choice of 52 different templates (not editable)
Support for Podcasting
Private Entries
Friends Lists
Editable Links List
RSS and Podcast Blog Feeds
Easy Blog Pings on 4 Services
IP Banning
5 MB Space for Uploading Files
JavaScript not supported

while the paid version offers:
No Advertisements!
5 weblogs per account
Mobile Blogging
Ability to edit 60 pre-installed templates or create your own
Private Messaging System
Mailing Lists (Up to 30 People)
50MB Space for Uploading Files
JavaScript allowed in blog entries

There is no reason anyone to use this site because I think Wordpress is really nice and offers free hosing too.But you can't insert your own ads in it.I was first a blogger.com user now a wordpress.com user.The problems I am facing with the hosted blog is that I have to limit to the given templates and I can' edit the page to include java script and like things.

Edited by knight17 (see edit history)

I am still just a blogger.com user and I also use wordpress, but I am not as an active as I used to be and my topics aren't so interesting anymore, so having another blog site would be unnecessary, but there are quite a lot of them which are really good.What I dislike about blogger dot com is that there are no categories like on wordpress to put your written topics, but anyway it is still usable. :)

Now with Blogger Beta you have catogeries also know as labels it is really easy.Just add the link to labels in the sidebar..ot os easy.

What I dislike about blogger dot com is that there are no categories like on wordpress to put your written topics, but anyway it is still usable.

There is no reason anyone to use this site because I think Wordpress is really nice and offers free hosing too.But you can't insert your own ads in it.I was first a blogger.com user now a wordpress.com user.The problems I am facing with the hosted blog is that I have to limit to the given templates and I can' edit the page to include java script and like things.

Well, the main problem with Wordpress dot com is that it lacks ability to customize the css. I mean, users are not going to be very happy when they discover that they must pay to get the custom css. But I've never seen any ads on Wordpress dot com sites, so I suppose that's an advantage. And not allowing Javascript has good merit behind it. After all, I doubt Wordpress wants their servers to be hurt by some malicious Javascripters.
I'd recommend the full version of Wordpress though. That one's customizable up to a great extent. Blogger is nice, and Livejournal is okay, but really, your own host pwns all.

Yes that is a problem but it is better than having ads on your page..the problem with blogger.com is it is slow and it is not really feature rich.

Well, the main problem with Wordpress dot com is that it lacks ability to customize the css. I mean, users are not going to be very happy when they discover that they must pay to get the custom css. But I've never seen any ads on Wordpress dot com sites, so I suppose that's an advantage. And not allowing Javascript has good merit behind it. After all, I doubt Wordpress wants their servers to be hurt by some malicious Javascripters.