xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
talktime

Phpbb2 And Imperialbb Which Is Better ? Your opinion is requested phpbb2 vs imperialbb

There are multiple forum software available for free today.phpbb2 and imperialbb are 2 of them.Which one is better? I saw many free skins for phpbb2, none for imperialbb. But I am sure there are many other differences. can anyone throw light on it? if you think there is some other free forum software better than these two please do not hesitate to mention that too. Your responce is highly appriciated.Thanks

I have never hurd of imperialbb. I suggest you get phpbb2 its quite good and has many features. You can edit your files so that php is greate. One problem (they may have fixed it) is that it is quite easy to hack. If you want a software that is harder to hack you should get SMF or Invision (invision free). Phpbb2 has some options but if you don't mind a large copyright you could get createphpbb which has over 25 mods installed on it already. Or you can add your own mods (not recomended because it could take hours if you dont have easy-mod). Sorry for any spelling errors. I couldn't get google toolbar to work on firefox. :)

I prefer phpBB because it has a very large community of users & developers who can provide support, it has a less restrictive license (GPL).

Also, with phpBB you can get "pre-modded" versions of the board (I've also seen a couple mods that include pre-modified files) which appear to be prohibited by the IPB license.

If you're looking for an easy installation, might I point out that surpass also has a phpBB installer in cPanel.
Demo : free forums

As far as i know i find phpbb very hard for newbies. I like smf,vb,ipb much easy to operate. If you want you can try mybb,punbb if you've doubts about phpbb. I think phpbb have more security issues and found many forums getting hacked because of that. If you've other options than these two then consider some names mentioned earlier in this post by me.