xisto Community
Eternal_Bliss

Problem With Yahoo Messenger

Hello everyone,I am having problem with my yahoo messenger.Even though I have downloaded the latest version with voiceit doesnt open and I cannot check my mail or chat. Also I have downloded the google video player but I cannot download video on it. Actually few months ago my computer's screen got blank and I got it mended I think after that I am having this problem Also whenever I establish the internet connection there is a messege which says that some of the components of the system is missing . I think some of the hardware components are missing. Plz help !! :P Thankx

hi,, first of all this is in the Google section ? unless Google have bought Yahoo today i think its in the wrong section...Have you tried to use the uninstall feature? or use the windows add remove programs then take out yahoo msngr? also try to take out any references to yahoo in the registry..you can do this by using REGEDIT...best way to start it is from the cmd box from your start menu...then search the regisrty for YAHOO then look fro any entries for yahoo msngr..then delete them..I would reboot after you do this...then go and download the new version of msngr and install it again...Hopefully this should sort this problem out...good luck!

Ohh! First of all sorry about that section error. And I want to clear the fact that l have uninstalled the yahoo messenger couple of times but the problem persists. As l told earlier that before l got my "cpu" mended everything was just fine , after that l am having the problem also plz help me with the "google vedio player " and the "eroor in internet connection" issues.Anyway tankx a lot.... :P

I would say, let's first try to eliminate the hardware component option.I would like to suggest that you boot on the Knoppix disk, and see if you see a "normal" screen with "normal" colours, and if you are able to connect to the web with mozilla. If this works, then you have no hardware problems, and all you have to do is using software means to solve your software problem.

If you are using a firewall check whether yahoo messenger is added to allowed list. I am using Zone labs Zone alarm security suite and i experienced this problem after going through the help I allowed Yahoo messenger to act as a server then I had no problem thereafter. So check your firewall if you are using it.

Edited by ajayshivaa (see edit history)