xisto Community
ghettohabbo

Are Dolls Affecting The Minds Of Young Children? (Warning: Content may offend ladies)

The other day, I was just watching my daily morning shows, [when I fake sick to stay away from school :)] this Barbie doll commercial came up. What I saw, 8 year old kids, in skimpy outfits, also dressing their dolls in skimpy outfits.I'm not saying it's bad to do these to kids, but... it's somehow WRONG to influence 8 YEAR OLDS to wear skimpy outfits on themselves AND THEIR DOLLS. I remember a few years before when I was in Year 6/ Grade 6 for the Americans and the other countries, all the Kindergarten girls were wearing lip gloss, make up, like... really... skimpy hair (not sure if there is a such thing as skimpy hair, I mean like, all those funny looking stylish hair)Anyways the point is what will happen to our daughters in the future? Will they grow up to be women getting money off others by stripping?

I understand what you're talking about.the teen scene and bratz dolls with the crazy makeup with the lipliner that doesn't match the lipstick. Lots of animal prints... it's kind of trashy. It's all about making money. And these dolls cost three times as much as a regular barbie. Since Barbies first came out, people worried about what kind of thoughts that her "perfect" figure would give to young girls who weren't as perfect. But her clothes never really seemed 'racy'. They were big and fluffy and pink.

I think the people who make these dolls should go out of business. They can SERIOUSLY effect the way girls act. Perky and spolied. Plus, they way you can undress the dolls and make them have no clothes is just bizzar and they company is giving them out to LITTLE KIDS!!!Have you seen the one with Kelly and potty traning? No, that's just wrong. Who'd want a doll that would pee water? Seriously!? Don't the makers of these dolls think "Oh, we're giving these out to 8 year olds, MAYBE we shouldn't do this."It's just annoying how little girls carry around the purses and dress just like dolls to be "popular". It just spoils the girls minds, people should just get rid of dolls.

And I can't believe Hillary Duff supports Barbie Dolls! Damn her! Is she trying to make children look like... (WARNING: This word may offend some viewers) SLUTS? My cousin's daughter is only 5, SHE HAS HER OWN PURSE, LIP GLOSS, FACIAL AND HAIR KITS AND EVERYTHING THAT TEENS HAVE, but in mini version. Pfft. Damn the doll companies! Lol, Kelly Potty Training, I saw this BOY buy one. Must be desperate to find out how a girl pees.

...Which is why if I have a daughter she gets no dolls/purses/makeup until she's aged 40 when she actually needs it xD :)

lol Solar, yes, these things are really affecting how girls think, act and socialize. Mattel, and other doll making company all they want is money, money, and more money. They create fads that are mind controlling these kids to do stuff. I heard from my English teachers that she saw some girls (at the old school she teaches) even act like strippers (w/ out actually stripping and other nasty stuff) and they are only like 6-7 years old. How can this continue? Simple answer; write a worldwide petition and a world-wide boycott of these dolls that drive girls to be spoiled and stuff explained above.xboxrulz

I cannot help but think that this is the most crazy thing that i have ever heard. Being a young 8 year is about playing with dolls. It helps them to expand their imagination. All little girls dress up and pretend to be what they are not. It is a part of growing up and it is certainly not a sign that they will end up being strippers or anything of that sort.

sparkliestars, it doesn't help them expand their imagination. Maybe you should take a step outside your farm barn and take a 8 mile walk to the city, atleast 8/10 young girls you will see will look like a doll, as in wearing doll outfits, doll purses/bags etc. This morning I was watching the news, and a Bratz commercial came up. bratz Babyz. Passion for fashion? BABYZ!?!!?!? ARE THEY CRAZY!?!?! BABYZ?!?!?! OMG >_< WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE DOLL COMPANIES!!!(P.S. My web hosting application got accepted, woot!)

Everybody's talking about how dare the doll companies do this. However, noone seems to remember the fact that, if the parents of these children didn't BUY them these dolls, these doll companies wouldn't keep promoting these dolls/products due to the lack of interest! I personally do not understand these parents who think nothing of permitting their children to wear these indecent clothes. I'm sorry, but where are the parents in all of this?!? I'm sorry, but I do believe that more of the blame should be placed on the parents than the companies who make this stuff. Parents are the ones who show, by their buying of the stuff, that they approve of this stuff that they're getting for their children, because, at least to my way of logic, that if they didn't approve of this doll or outfit, they wouldn't buy it. I mean, when I was growing up, if I wanted something my parents didn't think was good or appropriate, they wouldn't buy it for me, no matter HOW bad I pleaded. Or maybe that's the problem...these parents are buying the kids whatever they want because I guess they think that it's easier to shut up their whining than to actually have some backbone and tell the little brat 'NO'.

Meh... kids these days.... but I would be a hypocrite to say that I support "NO!" to these dolls. Take for example me... if my parents hadn't exposed me to violent-content movies when I was really young then I wouldn't have been able to enjoy them now. But the funny thing is I don't go around killing people, nor does even the thought of doing such an action give me any satisfaction because I know it's wrong and just full of consequences.So I wouldn't really blame the parents, I blame the kids for being dumb enough to get influenced so easily by materialistic things like dolls wearing skimpy clothes.

The other day, I was just watching my daily morning shows, [when I fake sick to stay away from school :)] this Barbie doll commercial came up. What I saw, 8 year old kids, in skimpy outfits, also dressing their dolls in skimpy outfits.

I'm not saying it's bad to do these to kids, but... it's somehow WRONG to influence 8 YEAR OLDS to wear skimpy outfits on themselves AND THEIR DOLLS. I remember a few years before when I was in Year 6/ Grade 6 for the Americans and the other countries, all the Kindergarten girls were wearing lip gloss, make up, like... really... skimpy hair (not sure if there is a such thing as skimpy hair, I mean like, all those funny looking stylish hair)

Anyways the point is what will happen to our daughters in the future? Will they grow up to be women getting money off others by stripping?

63897[/snapback]

OK, step one:

Don't let your kids watch TV.

It's sucks and it brainwashes people, see homie?

THE END.

Lol, I know what you mean. I see these middle school girls walking around in mini-skirts and purses their older sisters should be having, and I'm going wtf? Then I see girls with cell phones, blabbering about the horrible drama in their life, and I'm sitting there just thinking, "All I care about right now, is school. >_<" Then again. I have no life. >_>The doll companies make these things, like all the potty training, the dolls that eat fake food, etc, so that the kids can feel like they're grown up. Personally, if I had a daughter of my own, I would tell her to get out of the house and play outside. I wish I was able to do that. My parents always confined me in the house and study :); A child should be a child, not an adult. They can only be a kid for so long =/I also agree with mzwebfreak. It's all the parents. The parents usually think that giving their child everything they want is good, and they aren't hated, cause you know how some kids, if their parents don't buy them what they want, they say, "I HATE YOU!"? Yeah. It's like that. The parents don't like the be hated. >_> I remember, I once told my dad he was a *BLEEP* father, and he slapped me. =(I was watching this thing on Dr. Phil....or one of those stupid shows, and it was about how parents were spoiling their kids. There was this one 11 year old girl and her parents had bought her everything. EVERYTHING she wanted. She had make up, purses, teenager clothes, cell phone, and you know what? They even bought her a car....and she's eleven years old. The girl also had a brother, and the parents took his car away from him, giving it to the 11 year old. The brother was like, 17 or something, which I think is just total *BLEEP*.I think the girls who dress like that and are spoiled like *BLEEP* are pathetic. They talk annoying, look annoying, and act annoying. I always feel like grabbing their necks and choking them to death. Piss me off. >.>

It's because, in parents' minds today, heaven FORBID you actually use some corporal punishment on a child when they obviously deserve it (i.e. throwing a temper tantrum in Kmart because they didn't get the new toy they've been asking for). I'm sorry, but if my kid were misbehaving, I would take him outside and whollop his *bottom* something good. Nothing evil or hard or immense, but a couple of good smack to the meaty part of the behind works wonders on shocking a kid back to behavior...I know it did for me and my little brother! And, if that didn't work, my dad would get out the big wiffle ball bat. Now, nothing too harmful for the kid, since the thing's made out of plastic, but BOY did it get the point across pain wise. No bruises or nothing, but you sure didn't wanna try and sit down for a while.

What I mean by this little tangent is that parents feel that coddling their children so that they don't harm their little psyches is ridiculous! I think that psychologists today get off on saying that the child's needs should come before the parent. I'm sorry, but if it's getting food on the table vs. letting Johnny have the latest new toy so he won't throw a tantrum, sorry Johnny, you'll just have to wait. Not only that, but another side note about these parents letting their kids get whatever they want whenever they want is producing a generation of people who are used to the easy road in life and get a rude awakening when they find out that, in the real world, you don't get everything on a silver platter, and certainly not exactly when you want it.

I mean, these parents are raising the kind of kids who seem to think that they can walk outside with their high school diplomas in hand and expect to recieve top dollar per hour at the store they choose. And, when they get told no, oh, well, it's the store's fault for not seeing their potential! What a crock. My parents, when I was growing up, taught me the value of a dollar. If there was something I wanted that they didn't think was worth spending money on, if I wanted it hard enough, I was told to earn enough money babysitting to be able to pay for it. Kids today need to be taught the great time honored tradition of being able to be accountable for themselves and what they do.

Yeah, society has really messed kids up these days. It's now the "buy me everything or I hate you" mentality. And these parents don't havethe common sense to stand firm and tell their kids "NO"? My gosh. When my parents said no, it meant no. They were firm but not harsh. I thank them for being like that. It kept me from trouble and from doingsomething that I would probably have regretted.Kids are basically being persuaded by the media to go against the parents wishes, even if it's better for them in the long run. The media is"molding" the next generation into something I don't see to be very wholesome. I'm not saying all kids are like that, but the majority are.I go to school, what do you think is the first thing I see in someone's hand? A cellphone. Everyone has to have a cell phone. They all have to talk to a billion people at least once a day. What next? MP3 and CD players. Now, I use my CD player from time to time, but these kids constantly use them. Some of them never take it out of their ears. This all ties into the "sheep mentality" as I call it. But anyways, I went on a bit of a rant there. The point is is that parentsjust give into their kids too easily. Discipline has become a liability, butbeing laid back and being the "dog on a leash" has become "trendy" andthe "new thing". It' sad to see and hear, but what can we do? Few careabout the sensible and even fewer want to.