xisto Community
webintern

20 Mb Or 150 Mb?

I may have missed something somewhere. I signed up for a regular hosting package, which I thought had 150 MB disk space. But when I worked on CPanel for the first time today, I noticed that my quota had 20 MB. I went back to my original hosting application and did see that I had requested package #2. I also had >30 points when I applied.Is there a temporary transition of 20 MB before an account is upgraded to 150 MB (like with Hotmail)? Or, was this a mistake? Any responses to shed some light on this confusing matter would be most helpful. :)

Edited by webintern (see edit history)

I may have missed something somewhere. I signed up for a regular hosting package, which I thought had 150 MB disk space. But when I worked on CPanel for the first time today, I noticed that my quota had 20 MB. I went back to my original hosting application and did see that I had requested package #2. I also had >30 points when I applied.
Is there a temporary transition of 20 MB before an account is upgraded to 150 MB (like with Hotmail)? Or, was this a mistake? Any responses to shed some light on this confusing matter would be most helpful. :)

Yes, this does sound like a human mistake. I've worked with CPanel servers before. There is NO "start quota" then an "increased quota" like in Hotmail. It's either 20 or 150 MB.

If you post a link to your application for verification, someone with more powers than I have can take a look and hopefully correct the issue.

[N]F

Sounds like human error to me too. I first had 20MB, but then when I started adding some video of my animations, people began watching and I needed the upgrade in bandwidth. Make sure you have the extra 10 credits if you need them to change and upgrade. Just in case. Not like they are charging money, just a little extra effort.

Yes, you did request package #2, and it was approved, which can be seen here. I advise you to contact microscopic^earthling or Opaque and notify them of this error, so they can fix it.

I appreciate the advice. I will contact Microscopic Earthling about the potential error, since Opaque seems to be flooded with work.As a side note, I am impressed by the responsiveness of the online community. I feel the credit system for free hosting that is dependent on quality posting is a great idea. It helps develop a community of serious and knowledgeable contributors. That is also why I chose Xisto over Xisto (by the way, I am not ragging on Xisto or demeaning any of its members at all. Both forums just cater to different personalities and interests).

Hm... not sure if this is still a valid response, but I know for awhile they were basically giving every 20mb of space and once that was close to filled it auto-upgraded to the 150 of space.... but I haven't heard anything in relation to that in a long time so that could have been something they just did for a short period as a response to problems...or...anything.But yea, best to just message m^e with the issue.