xisto Community
kodjaman

What Is The Best Antivirus Or Antispyware? What do you think what is the best antivirus or antispyware?

What do you think what is the best antivirus or antispyware? I wanna know what program is the best?

It is really very hard to say "this is the best"
It depends on your needs.

I am still using "f-prot" dos version. :P

First of all are you going use a free one?
Or are you going to pay for an anti-virus program?

ooops i didn't see the attached picture! :P
Edited by Riverwind (see edit history)

What do you think what is the best antivirus or antispyware? I wanna know what program is the best?

Hmm very interesting Theme i think!!!
My suggetions will stop on Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6 and Kasperskiy Anit-Hacker 6 and Kaspersky Security 6 series releas products!!! its very strong thing with strog dyinamic of programming!! i can tell as micrasoft sertified ingeneer!!
and here is one fact like Micrasoft had bought KAV licensy for work on thier platform and i think it shows us how serious products making KAV programmists staff.
And i can tell im using KAV 6 series without afraid that i wll be infected or attacked im sure about my SAFTY

Yeah, Kaspersky really is a great choice when getting an antivirus, but a lot of whom also like Nod32 as their antivirus, due to they see it is doing something and it really does. :PIf you want an open source antivirus, you could try ClamWin Free Antivirus, it is quite good, but can't protect from all the viruses.. My best advice would be to use your computer that no viruses could get through to your computer, that means, you need a good configured firewall and don't use cracks or other files which you don't know off, have somekind of email assassin an don't browse stupid websites, use secure software, that means try to avoid Internet Explorer usage and etc. I never had a virus yet for several years, just spyware.

As it was mentioned more than once, announcing a certain piece of software as THE Best anti-virus or anti-spyware is a tough, virtually unrealistic feat. I can, however, tell you what has worked for me so far.

I used to use Avast as my trusty anti-virus programme. Truth be told, it never failed me. But I'm not sure whether that was because it was a powerful anti-virus application or simply because I know enough about computer virii to avoid them altogether.

Anyway, after a while, I decided that I needed to use an anti-spyware programme, so I looked around for a powerful, yet consice, application. I stumbled upon the AVG line of product, which included anti-virus and anti-spyware software. It seemed that many were raving about the quality and effectiveness of both applications, so I decided to give them both a shot.

Now, I've been using AVG Free Edition for my anti-viral needs and AVG Anti-Spyware for, obviously, spyware protection. And I have to say, they both are lovely pieces of software.

They're very low on system resources; I hardly ever notice them. The free versions provide a very good amount of protection, including resident shields, automatic updates, scheduled scans, and a number of other features. Both are very customizable to one's needs and whims, giving the user admirable flexibility.

In all the time I've used them for, they managed to catch a good number of malware. Well, I actually planted the malware on purpose to test the software :P, and it passed beautifully.

So to sum up, I don't know what the best anti-virus or anti-spyware is. But if you're looking for something that's not bad at all, then you might want to give AVG a shot. For more detailed information, you can visit the Website of GriSoft, the producer of the AVG product line, at:

http://www.avg.com/de-de/homepage

Cheers.

Hey guys!!Mmmmm, i use to use Norton Antivirus (the internet security one), but i found that thay block to many things. Like sharing over a network is almost impossible and sharing a internet connection is just as difficult. They just block everything.So i opted for AVG, and never looked back. Avg picked up 2 high threat virusses that norton didnt, so in my opinion, i would say, avg is the best by far!!CheerS :)

i use Avast!. Its a great program IMO. Its Free, and i haven't had any viruses in the 2 years ive had it. For anti-spyware i use windows defender, and Spybot. Windows defender works ok, but im thinking that Spybot is better. Ive tried Ad-awre and it was ok, but i think Spybot is the best.

I have used several anti-virus programs, and I have found Panda anti-virus to be the best. I have not been impressed with McAfee. McAfee seems to use too much memory and does not do that good of a job. Norton does not seem to catch much of the new viruses. These two seem to be two of the most popular anti-virus programs. I am at school right now, and they use Symantec. They don't seem to be that bad, but they do take up a lot of memory to run. I have talked to many IT professionals, and they swear by the Panda line. I find Panda to be the best for my money.As for open-source free anti-virus programs, I don't trust them. Since they are open-source, their source can (obviously) be seen by any hacker that would ever want to get past it. I don't like the feeling of being protected by something that I am not paid for, by something that does not have highly paid, and hopefully highly competitive, software engineers producing.With anti-spy-ware, I don't bother with it much. Panda comes with a spy-ware check that seems to do a good job. Among others, Spybot is a good product. I usually clear out my temporary files periodically through my browser, so I don't have to worry that much about spy-ware.

;)
My suggestion is if you are going for a freeware

NO 1 AVAST* *Best Anti Virus in my view
NO 2 AVG

IF YOUR GOING FOR A PAID ONCE

NO 1 NORTON < But is Slows Down our computer
NO 2 Mcafee

Do anyone needs to know best Anti Spyware also?

;)

According whit my experience the best antivirus is Nod 32 and Kaspersky is the best thing than there in the market of the antivirus, in addition of which each one at the moment is recognized by its excellence, neither it will cause that your PC runs slow, if not that works perfectly with the minimum of resources.

i posteed the kaspersky 7 http://forums.xisto.com/topic/94083-topic/?findpost=1064377135

Edited by WaLhEZ (see edit history)

best antispywareWhat Is The Best Antivirus Or Antispyware?

For me ADVANCED SYSTEM PROTECTOR is the best antispyware.It nt only blocks the spyware before it can enter your system it also cleans the infections if any.Its free version is also available at cnet u can also give it a try.

-reply by timmickelson