xisto Community
aboutthe

Windows Xp Vs Windows Vista

Well, there is a difference between stealing and using the same ideas. I mean if I saw and like the Fast Reply feature on this forum and implemented my own into my forums would I be stealing?:)

Anything else besides how it looks lol.I could program a shell replacement to crap on Explorer...... so that use of Vista is not all that usefull (plus there's programs already available for it).

How much difference will be between these two windows .May be little or very much .What I think personally is there will be difference but it will be not that much as between windows 98 and xp .What are ur views about it.

This is not an 'opinion' issue. Or morale issue. You want to see the difference in features? LOOK IT UP. They are too many for me to sum up, and lists and reviews exist. Try, for example Paul's site

http://winsupersite.com/

He has a lot of experience with winsows testing and there are comparison guides. This is just a bit silly to debate. Posted Image

And it certainly isn't "too early to decide". Atm following every build (5744 atm) and I absolutely love it versa XP - I wouldn't want to go back.

main difference is that one's more bulkier than the other.

You're not doing the linux community any favor by acting ignorant. Posted Image

Oh, God, I hate when a new version of Windows comes out... I hope I can stick to this for a long time. I still used Win98 in 2004! And when I moved to WinXP, my webcam no longer worked! '=/

I'm waiting for the day when they finally build something that's more optimised instead of security enhancements and bloating......Or fix some of the old problems instead of completely replacing the framework essh.

Well Mocrosoft isnt really going to give people much choice after a while it will stop selling XP, and as people are almost always buying 64 bit now on new PCs there wont be much point for them getting the 32 bit XP or worse the 64 bit XP. And microsoft will also eventually stop the updates for XP and its will force many corporate and government customers to switch as it has done with XP and SP2.Also Vista is still in the early betas its not possible to tell what its going to be like exactly alot of software changes drasticaly after beta testing is completed. And the security features are hardly likely to be worse than XP at worst they will be equal and since most users tolerate the security for XP its not going to be its biggest issue.

actually, they just released the last RC before they ship one last test version before releasing it to the general public.I think due to the new license changes, I don't think a lot of people would upgrade. Even better, I don't think people would continue use Microsoft Windows. It's expensive and the new End User License Agreement (EULA) will backstab a lot of people and businesses.xboxrulz