xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mafamba Team

Hosting Help Pre-installed Scripts Downloading Joomla

File structure looks okay.Was there any error number on that? Are these errors showing up when you attempt an install via the fantastico? or have you downloaded another version of Joomla? Was the joomla folder previously created? or was it full of left-over stuff?*edit*Just installed the latest version 1.0.11 on my account at the Xisto in about one and a half minutes. No problems. (received a notice that the server has register globals - on rather than off, but that is a server setting we can't change)I don't see what the problem might be. There shouldn't be any difference in the Trap or Xisto accounts or Server settings. I am certain we are on the same server and most likely have the same version of fantastico.

Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)

I would like to confirm that the Fantastico auto install works fine!

I installed it in 1 min np just following the directions in Fantastico...

I would start over from scratch and install it this way...

Goto into Cpanel....goto SITE MANAGEMENT TOOLS then FILE MANAGER....

Click on the FOLDER icon next to the public_html folder not the text of public_html....this will then open that folder....when inside that folder look for the JOOMLA folder
Click on the TEXT link that says JOOMLA....
Look in the right hand frame of filemanager then click on the first link DELETE THIS FOLDER and all subfolders..

This should move it to the trash folder...now you should see it appear in the trash folder below...

Close filemanager then start it up again and goto the public_html folder and have a look jsut to check its really gone! close file manager again and go back to cpanel main page...

Next goto PRE INSTALLED SCRIPTS then choose FANTASTICO....
Choose CONTENT MANAGEMENT from the menu then JOOMLA...

Fill out the install form and when it asks for the folder type in "joomla" without and slashes-this is MEGA important!!..

We know there isnt a fodler called joomla already cos we just removed it....

This should now bring you to another screen telling you its going to make some new databases and write the config file....

This is it done!!!

When its done it will give you a link in blue that is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

This is the frontpage of your new joomla site....

The next link it gives is the admin login to the site...it should be http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

This is the login screen for the backend of joomla....you have to use the login created when you ran the fantastico script..not your Xisto login...

Hopefully if your fingers are crossed and youve done a little dance for the computer fairies...it should all be fine...

Good Luck!!!

This is the problem then.A long time ago, someone told me to delete the public_html folder.So, its in my trash bin, and it just won't restore, I click on the fodler icon, and the public-html bit but it says its restored but it won'tIs there anyway, and I can restore all my settings at all.Cries!

Ouch!! this is a more serious problem than installing Joomla then!!I guess nothing works on your site right now?Hmm let me think.....have you tried connecting via an FTP connection and looking at the trash bin ....find the public_html folder then copy it to your LOCAL machine....Then goto the TOP level of your domain with the FTP...just press UP til it wont go anymore....Find the public_html on your LOCAL machine and copy back to the root of the site....The permissions maybe go a bit odd at this point...so use your FTP software to change attributes or change pwrmissions (they al call it something different) and make sure the permissions are set to 777 that means read write and execute...without these permisssions you will not be able to do anything properly...Hopefully this will work...if not I can only suggest that you make a support request from the Asta admins...they will be the only ones able to restore your public_html folders properly...most probably they will delete your account and recreate it....

I have sent a personal message to Opa Que, and hope that they will be able to sort out the problem.I am just pending a reply, hoping that I will be able to get my account working, but how did I know, that it would be a dosy person like to make such a mess of things.Thanks everyone for your help, and I doubt that there is much you can do now, it just lies in the hands of the Admin's,<Mafamba Team>

No problem...we all learn somethings the hard way....I must say ive done something similar years ago by removing the htaccess and screwing up a site i was working on l;(( had to go cap in hand to the hoster and explain what an idiot i was :))