xisto Community
CyberReaper1405241516

Torrent Client For Mac

I'm sure there are a few out there. I'm not a Mac user, but it looks like the original BitTorrent program has a version for Mac here. Google and you should be able to find a bunch more for the Mac OS.

I would highly recommend Azureus:
http://www.vuze.com/
It uses the Java framework, so it's available for Win/Linux/OSX
It has a nice handy GUI and the usability is great :D
I know it cause I use Azureus :)
Before Azureus I used the standart bit torrent client provided by the inventor.
Azureus is completely different, you can hold and resume your downloads and set your max. download speed.
As its hosted by sourceforge its also open source :)

Yeah, Azureus may be a good choice also. It was the first program that came to my mind actually since it's built using Java like tommy said. I wasn't sure if it was compatible with the Mac OS. Checked out the site earlier and saw only Windows downloads...Mac OS must be in separate section :)

If you goto the page look at the ALL OS link on the right..this will give you the MAC and Linux versions.I really like Azureus to my mind there is no better torrent client around..so many options that this can do that the others cant do

I need a torrent client for macintosh. I have apple macbook. And i need a good clent to download torrents Which one is the best?? which one is the fastest?

After trying several, I have settled on Bits on Wheels. It is a completely native client written in Objective-C with Cocoa. It also has about the best information about your torrent I have ever seen, including stats on files, blocks, peers, and a 3-D peer view.

There are several things I think are missing, though, including ability to prioritize torrents, individual file downloads, and ability to control which of several trackers to use in case a particular tracker has problems (currently Bits on Wheels just uses the first tracker in the list).

Opera now has Bittorrent support built in as well, and I will probably try that out shortly.

Out of all the clients I have ever tried (on mac and pc), I have never found a faster and more reliable one then Transmission. It is created and regularly upgraded by the same people that brought everyone the dvd ripping software handbrake.The number of features rival azerus. Keep in mind azereus will run slower then most clients because it isn't native and was compiled in java.As for simplicity and speed, I recommend tomato. -peter

Torrent client for OS 9.2

Torrent Client For Mac

Anyone know of a torrent client that will run on OS 9.2? I have a G4 with 9.2 on it & want to upgrade to Tiger...I need a torrent client to download a copy of OS X, but all clients seem to need OS X to run...

Kind of chicken & egg situation.

Failing that, is another posible solution to download the copy of OS X as .Iso files on my Windoze machine, then transfer them to the G4 via a usb flash drive, & extract the iso to the .Dmg files & burn them to disc in the G4.

Best would be a torrent client that can run on 9.2

Help!!

-reply by Straylight

down belowTorrent Client For Mac

andy here>>> just still looking for the best download software for my Imac... Bittorent torentt  client  frost whatever tomato client...Torrent for mac(isn' that bittorent?)

Like which one is the best one? I know viruses are hard to get for macs which brings another question...That antivirus software for mac is it worth it? its' s free???

But the main concern is which is better for download softeware... I don't want something that's going to attach itself to my computer being hard to get off if need be, and something that isn't going to slow down my computer at all.

These are my concerns, and I 've been waiting two months to research this and need the best advise.  My buddy burnt an mp3 disc for my car 100 song, and I no know which song is next before if comes on 100 of them, so ya getting sick of the disc and would like to start mixing my own again... Please please and thankyou to anyone with good experience and knowledge on this topic...Ps just got the Imac in march... Thanks Andy.!

-reply by Andy

Fastest Torrent ClientTorrent Client For Mac

The best torrent client I've used is BITSTICKS. It's a widget on the dashboard of your mac, it's the simplest a torrent client could possibly be, and it's the fastest

-reply by Riley