xisto Community
dhanesh1405241511

Suse Installation Question

If file exachange is possible on windows to windows platform, it should be possible on linux to windows platform, considering the mounting done ?

Not really for that reason, but it's partly true.The mounting trick allows you, in case you have dual-boot and boot sometimes on Linux and sometimes on Microsoft Windows, to see the Windows files when you are booted on Linux.
For instance, suppose you were working with Microsoft Word when you were booted on Windows, you save your document as d:\mytodaylife.doc, and send it to your friend over gmail.
Now, you boot under Linux, you read your mails using the Linux version of Firefox, and your friend tells you he lost the file. Then, go to /windows/D and you see the file again (althout you are using Linux and it's a Crosoft Windows file) and you can send the file again without needing to reboot under Windows.
This is the sharing mode between Windows and Linux, on the same computer, alternatively booting to Linux or to Windows.

Now, there is another way of collaboration, collaboration with your Laptop.
When both systems are booted under Crosoft Windows, the Windows network is in charge of files sharing.
When the laptop is on Windows and the main PC is under Linux, SAMBA is in charge or sharing files. So, you have to learn how to configure samba, you simply have to share a Linux folder with Samba and your windows Laptop will be able to mount it.

The other boot function is if your computer doesn't support ACPI (the newest power handler, most modern systems has that functionality). The second one is almost the same thing, but I'm no so sure. The third one is if there was any problem installing using the default option. Then you should use this if all fails.The CTRL+ALT+F* all bump you to a text-only console (the true Linux console). Therefore, as I said earlier, impossible for your desktop to use that as a shortcut key. The reason behind this is that the shortcut is hardcoded into Linux to be used for the console switcher.xboxrulz

Really sorry for the delay in reply, you see windows was keeping me buzy :) .. I have the recovery CD for my laptop, but was trying to make/install a clean windows xp installation on my C: partition, WHICH didnt happen even after 7 re-installs, 5 dvds waste and all that time waste ;) .. i'd love to embrace my windows so bad so to choke it to death !Newayz, Thankx xboxrulz for that last bit of info. And thank you yordan .. i got what you were trying to tell me about the file exchange in both the system due to the mount. I am currently done with a fresh install of windows and now installing SuSe .. so hopefully this would be the last install ..... for today :D ...I guess we should end this post here, and i'll have to make a new one for the extra problems i come accross in suse, so hope you guys help me there too, so wish me luck ;)Thanks for the help and support you guys are giving, dont know what i would have done without Xisto and you guys :) Cheers !RegardsDhanesh.

Suse wireless intallation problemSuse Installation Question

I am trying to install a wireless connection using SUSE 10.  After keying my network password, I am able to connect to my wireless network (d-link) but automatically disconnected after a while.  I am again asked for my encypted password and key ring but would already fail to connect.  I am always promted to key-in my network pasword evertime I try to connect.  I am sure that my pasword is correct because I can get connected evrytime I re-install YAST.

question by James Yong Look