xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mafamba Team

Windows Vista Secure Free Downloads

I can't believe that I narrowly missed the free beta version download, and I am now absolutely and 100% gutted, and hoped that I could possibly find another link which provided a secure and safe way to downlaod Windows Vista for free.I don't want to muck up my computer though, and it needs to be safe and secure, so if you guys have any URL'S feel free to share them with me, no holds barred.I would thoroughly appreciate it if you done that, because then I would be on the same side as all of my mates who are talking about it and its features.The only thing, or free memory that is still available, was Internet Explorer Beta Version 7 I think, which I have told you in another post looked really nice but most things are better compatible with Mozilla Firefox nowadays so I chose that instead.Does anyone also know the approximate start and end date of the free Windows Vista download off the microsoft website, because I can nearly guarentee that it was there for less than a week, which I personally think is out of order.I would appreciate it if you could post the URl here for me and others to sue and see if you know it.Oh, and if you have used that download with first hand experience, I would value that more, rather than some spyware junk that comes from a search engine, no offence because it wouldn't be your fault.Thankyou now I have to go and eat!

not according to this on microsofts website

Windows Vista Customer Preview Program

Thank you for your interest in Windows Vista. The Customer Preview Program is now closed. We have reached our program capacity and no new orders are being accepted. We apologize for any inconvenience.

The information on this page is intended for Customer Preview Program participants. Participants will receive an e-mail message with additional information when Windows Vista Release Candidate 1 (RC1) is available later this year. Thank you for testing Windows Vista.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

It says that they are no longer allowing downloads for testing...

So does anybody have any free links then?

I found Windows Vista RC1 as a torrent. That's one of the ways to get it. Microsoft has removed the download from their website. Then to legally use it, if you got a beta 2 key when MS released it, it will still work.

[N]F

I think Windows Vista RC1 one is already out though...
xboxrulz

Yeah, RC1 was released September 1. I did find a download link to it from softpedia, though I didn't test their link. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

WARNING: The download is ~2 GIGABYTES in size so it is highly suggested to use a download manager that can resume downloads incase your internet is interrupted or if you wish to shut your computer down. (When downloading it via torrent, I left my computer on and it was downloaded in about 2 days).

If you have a Beta 2 serial key, that will work with RC1. I'm currently running RC1 on my laptop and it is working out great. I can't play DVDs for some reason but other than that, it's excellent. Minor bugs but other than that it's OK. The only thing in Vista I'm really crazy about are the backgrounds.

Later, after I've tested for a while, I'll post a review of RC1.

[N]F

I hope the general populace of the planet will say "who knows...and who cares!!" the Vista circus just makes me laugh!!! Try a proper OS instead of waiting for this buggy garbage thats years late and years behind!!!

Windows Vista is the best OS ever. I've tried it believe me. But the only draw back is it is resource hungry. It needs heavy memory. Charge up ur PC with atleast 1 GB Ram. Voila! u have the ultimate vista experience.

Hmm i think i remember microsoft saying that vista would be released in march this year, what month is it now? September. Well if we are waiting more we would expect a more complete and working operating system.It's better to wait longer for a full working release than to have it now but it's buggy as hell. When it comes out i might not get it straight away, i'll probably wait for my next upgrade.-HellFire

You can already get the release candidates of Vista if you're willing to risk it. Otherwise, who cares when it comes out? Wait at least 6 months after that till the first service pack rolls out before getting it.

I have been reading up on Windows Vista and it is going to have 6 versions depending on your system requirements. Vista UltimateVista Home BasicVista Home PremiumVista BusinessVista EnterpriseVista StarterWhat is the price difference going to be on an OS with these variablities? Is it neccessary? I am just leary about upgrading to Vista if all it is, is Aero 3D effects. I am not into the sleek new interface, with streamlined start menus and eye popping graphics. I use an OS for functionality not for looks.I currently run XP pro and SUSE, but I will have to wait and see if there is any use for me to upgrade my XP in the near future.By the way when is the actual release date?

Ive heard to eek out more market share theres more versions planned..Vista for ToastersVista Refrigerator EditionVista Home Vacuum CleanerVista Sock Drawer Cleaner EditionVista House Keys Edition (with built in support for lost house keys)Vista Garage EditionVista Starter Edition (for baby walkers and cots) How many times over can they flog a dead horse?And when will the dead horse be in the shops?? ...now your asking :)Will it ever be able to use FULLY a 64 bit proc? will it ever be able to handle two procs properly??Gates knows its going to blow chunks!@ thats why hes stepped down as CEO of MS...Theres been a war going on at MS for years over this buggy resource hungry bloated peice of crap!!!Look like the losers will win the war..and actually deliver this to the market place...at a hefty price im SURE!Long live MS!!! or not so long when the first years profits are returned after the launch of Vista....