xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
P00ru

Matrix? Does anyone believe its all true?

I was wondering if anyone believes or thinks that there is a matrix that controls all human beings because i'm reading a book called Matrix warrior which is all about the matrix's historie and how to unpug etc. the more i read the more i get confused does anyone else have an opinion on whether the Matrix is real?

It might be real, I mean we may never know. We could be users of the matrix or possibly just programs runnning as we should be, and there is a glitch in our sub-processors for thinking that we are part of some form of a matrix. Or that the matrix that we are in dosen't conform with what we have seen or heard about in fiction. That's just my take, and I think I am a little philisophical :)

??

It doesn't exists. But I admit that I would like to get the PC used to make the universe o.O

Processor: 10000000000000000000000 Mhz

5997454568 Gb HD

56989726465 RAM...

LoL :)

There is also a book entitled: The Religion Beyond the Matrix which is about the religious followings of those who believe they have been unplugged. But I am fairly sure that there isn't because if there was, why would they let some things happen which have happened within the past decade alone that woudl have caused them to lose so much.

The "Matrix World" doesn't really exisit. But there is one that is real, the Spiritual World. The Spiritual world is all around us. It's God at work.

Maybe the matrix was released by some one trying to get us all to know that there is a matrix and once we know we might be able to help but beause hardly anybody believes it will not happen lol my twisted iew anyway lol

The question of "Is the Matrix real?" is just one of the things that make The Matrix movies so compelling.

You could never know for sure because the Matrix would be a nearly perfect simulation of a/the real world. Such things fascinate me. I own all three of the Matrix movies and have a book about the Matrix and philosophy. The whole movies is jammed with philosophical themes, such as that of Descartes evil genius.

What if an evil genius, a scientist with the intention of deceiving you,

without your knowing, removes your brain and puts it in a vat with the necessary chemicals to keep your

brain cells alive. Then this scientist connects your nerve endings to a supercomputer in such a way

that your brain has the "experience" that it is living an ordinary life with its smells, tastes, visions, etc.   

Let's say that your illusion felt just as real. How could you know that you're a brain in a vat? 

How can you distinguish the illusion from what is real?

Mouse raises another theme about this in the movie when discussing the goop-food and the Lady in the Red Dress. "To deny our own impulses is to deny that which makes us human." This raises the idea about if we really are in the Matrix, then we have an advantage over the machines. "What makes us human," they say, is that we have a choice. In this case, we can choose to deny our own impulses or not. Mouse chooses to indulge in those impulses. Tank, on the other hand, believes that we just need what we need rather than to make choices. He takes the side of reason, while Mouse takes the side of pleasure. And then, this would lead us into a conversation about Plato, concerning the soul - his Dualist perspective saying that we have two parts to our soul: reason and pleasure.

I could probably go on and on about the Matrix and philosophy, but I oughtn't go off topic.

I was wondering if anyone believes or thinks that there is a matrix that controls all human beings because i'm reading a book called Matrix warrior which is all about the matrix's historie and how to unpug etc. the more i read the more i get confused does anyone else have an opinion on whether the Matrix is real?

My opinion about if the Matrix is real: I find it unlikely. But if it is real, it might not be a bad thing. It wouldn't necessarily be that machines control the world. We could be in a matrix right now that is being controlled by humans.

Has anyone wondered if his or her life isn't real but actually an elaborate experiment? We might just be a specimen in a tube, being tested to see if it is possible to put a human into a matrix-world. There are so many possibilities when considering if there is a Matrix. Maybe I'm the specimen and the idea of a matrix, as presented by the movie was part of the experiment. Maybe they're testing me to see if I will be able to realize the truth and take control of the system! :)

Well, the matrix is something that a bunch of film writers came up with, so it's just some made up story. but then again, it could be real. And it'd be scary if it were real because then the great life I'm living is all fake T_T. But like what gunbound said, it's unlikely. Only because we humans are just some nevere system in a body. Theres really no possible way that the matrix exists, espcially when the matrix was jsut made up.btw, good post idea. It's really interesting <3

I'm sure it doesn't exist and will never exist, cos nobody can do something like the matrix alone and if more people want to do something like the matrix they will be stopped by the police or other hackers. But the human can make roboters who have more intelligenz as the man self but its very difficult, so i don't think it will ever give something like the matrix.

The matrix is meant to be another pre-cursor warning to our abandonment to taking care in our work and contribution to this world. Our medelling could have catastrophic effects.However, it is at current and for the forseable future, impossible that computers will over-take the human race, as computers don't have and will more than likely never have the NATURAL curiosity.

The matrix I would believe is not real. To do something like that is way to complex. I mean being a computer program. Thats bull. Matrix is fake and everyone knows it. It is obvious. If it ever existed than I dunno what. But I would be like Trinity Neo and Morphius all in one. lol. That would be cool.