xisto Community
nightfox1405241487

Installing Mysql (fc5) yum install mysql

I'm having a problem with my Fedora Core 5 server. I need to install MySQL but it won't. I keep running the command under root:
yum install mysql

which should install all the clients but it won't. It gives me this:

[root@xerge ~]# yum install mysqlLoading "installonlyn" pluginSetting up Install ProcessSetting up repositoriescore																 [1/3]updates															  [2/3]extras															   [3/3]Reading repository metadata in from local filesExcluding Packages in global exclude listFinishedParsing package install argumentsNo Match for argument: mysqlNothing to do[root@xerge ~]#

Anyone have any ideas?

[N]F

Is it so difficult with Fedora Core 5 ?I usually install it with Mandrake or Mandriva, and everything is done automatically, just click "database". Usually Linux things are not very different from one distro to another one.If so, I will never switch to FC5, I will stay with Mandrake.

Is it so difficult with Fedora Core 5 ?I usually install it with Mandrake or Mandriva, and everything is done automatically, just click "database". Usually Linux things are not very different from one distro to another one.
If so, I will never switch to FC5, I will stay with Mandrake.

Actually, it usually isn't this difficult.. all over the web, I keep finding "yum install mysql" over and over. Why my server won't do it, who knows... I think I might have to ask around the Fedora site... another option would be re-installing from scratch, but I DO NOT want to do this... there's WAY too much work already put into it.

Is there a manual way, perhaps?

[N]F