xisto Community
unimatrix

Apple Notebook Battery Recall

It's the Sony batteries @ fault. The G4 models of Apple's notebooks were one of their most successful stories before the iPod came along and made carrying a white soapbar with a wheel cool. How does the recall actually work? Do you get a replacement battery immediately when you return the old flammable one, or does one have to return the entire notebook as well?

Depends on where you are in the world.

Here is the site:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

There you enter the battery's serial number. If it's from the bad lot, they just send you a new one. What sucks is that you can't go to an Apple store, if there is one near by, and just exchange the battery or anything else. That is one of my complaints with the retail store. I had a friend that had a keyboard go bad. She took it back to the store and had to wait three days for one to arrive in the mail. They wanted to give her a "refurbished" keyboard. You know things like that is going to happen, so why doesn't the Apple store stock five or ten at any given time since the same keyboard is used on all the desktop models.

Also I had one of those nice snow white iBooks that went through 5 logic boards. But I did get more video ram, better CD burner, and OS 10.3 for free because of it.

Mine was one of the computers affected (G4 TiBook) so I should get a new battery in a day or two. Works for me, as I was going to have to think about buying a new one in the next year. Now I don't have too.