xisto Community
yeh

Live Linux Vs Installed Linux Any difference in features between the 2?

Live CDs run around 1/5th the speed of the Hard disk installed version of linux because of the rive's speed. They're used for testing purposes, and too much use can sometimes spoil your CDROM drive (at least old ones do). I'd recommend using a USB version, or installing on your hard disk.

Live disks are great for testing your hardware compatablity or if you need to run Linux on a machine you don't own. I would run it from a seperate HDD in dual boot if you plan to stick with it for the long haul.

This is quite interesting, by windows is always crashing and it seems I have to install it once a week... Now I've been trying Linux images that run on windows, they come handy when setting up servers, testing everything on your own machine and then upload the image to the main server.Now I'm thinking of changing to Linux completely and run a Windows image on it - it's just there are some windows apps that can't run on linux, no matter how hard wine tries ;)... A liveCD will really make things easier for the change and testing new distros... Thanks for the info!