xisto Community
evought

How Do I Activate Shell Access Need to activate to save dial up bandwidth

I would like to activate the shell support on my site. When I try SSH/SCP, I get "Shell Access is not enabled on your account!" but I know it is a listed feature of the hosting package. I could swear I have activated shell support for an account (different site) in CPanel before, but cannot remember how to do it or find an appropriate option.Anyway, I am on a dial up line and desperately trying to speed things up by using the TTY instead of the oh so gooey GUI. Any help appreciated.

There is a subforum for special request. You post in this subforum, saying "Request for activation of SSH for my Xisto account". And a moderator will answor that your wish is granted, and you will see that your ssh connnections will be accepted.

There is a subforum for special request. You post in this subforum, saying "Request for activation of SSH for my Xisto account". And a moderator will answor that your wish is granted, and you will see that your ssh connnections will be accepted.

Well, be sure to state your reason as well. Shell access isn't something to just "hand out" like candy. :D

[N]F

Well, be sure to state your reason as well. Shell access isn't something to just "hand out" like candy. ;) [N]F

Y not ? ..

I am pretty much a no-knowledge user on shell access .. but just as it goes in my head .. isnt shell used via commands ? amd mainly to upload huge zip files and unzipping them ? .. if thats the case then i gues File Explorer in cPanel does the trick .. with a click :D .. i duno probably m not to well versed with what shell is so m just making it up in my head ..

Regards
Dhanesh.

Shell is like a remote windows command prompt. but since linux has higher security than windows, you couldn't really do much damage. I use SSH to run a configuration script for a webmail client, for example, so it's more than just file uploading. In a nutshell, shell is like actually sitting at the server and using its terminal.[N]FShell is like a remote windows command prompt. but since linux has higher security than windows, you couldn't really do much damage. I use SSH to run a configuration script for a webmail client, for example, so it's more than just file uploading. In a nutshell, shell is like actually sitting at the server and using its terminal.[N]F