xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rik?

Firefox Security Update (firefox 1.0.2) Released 23-03-2005

Yesterday Mozilla (foundation) released another security update for Firefox.

March 23, 2005, (Mountain View, CA). The Mozilla Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving choice and promoting innovation on the Internet, today announced a security update for its Firefox Web browser. The update is a proactive security release to patch a bug identified by Internet Security Systems, a premier security research, products, and services company. No known exploits of the bug have been reported prior to the update's release.

Read the press release here.

Here is an article from ZDNet abouth this fix.

This release fixed 3 vulnerabilities (2 are critical)

So upgrade to v1.0.2 ASAP

or turn off image display and javascript and don't add any sidebar-panels :)

Greetz,

Rik©

I had to do that yesterday. A way to realise if you need to update your Mozilla is that a red symbol thing will appear to the top right corner of your Mozilla browser screen, that is how i realised i needed to update. :) As has already been mentioned, keep up the good work Mozilla.

True carson, i hate it when the system tray pop-up. That is just plain annoying! :) Like Luigi, I had to do the update yesterday, lucky i noticed the symbol on the browser.I also love Mozilla browser, and am most appreciative for the work Mozilla do. B)

i tried to get the new version before but when i download it the file is corrupted for some reason and says it can't function properly. Does anyone else have this problem??If not im guessing it my computer, well im gonna try and download it again now.

I managed to download the upgrade with no problem. Unfortunately, I'm stuck using IE right now, because I'm not on my computer....

i tried to get the new version before but when i download it the file is corrupted for some reason and says it can't function properly. Does anyone else have this problem??

If not im guessing it my computer, well im gonna try and download it again now.

65001[/snapback]

Hey I face the same problem too. I downloaded the update and then my Norton Internet Security blocked firefox.exe (or something like that) and then lots of things popped up requiring me to choose the connection and stuff like that. In the end the browser loaded but couldn't connect to the internet, so I had to uninstall the 1.0.2 and install the old version again. Anyone know what's wrong with mine? Sorry I am a technology noob (is this word allowed here?).

Hey I face the same problem too. I downloaded the update and then my Norton Internet Security blocked firefox.exe (or something like that) and then lots of things popped up requiring me to choose the connection and stuff like that. In the end the browser loaded but couldn't connect to the internet, so I had to uninstall the 1.0.2 and install the old version again. Anyone know what's wrong with mine? Sorry I am a technology noob (is this word allowed here?).

67605[/snapback]

Im sorry I cant help you with the norton internet security because I have not tested it yet, but try to find a feature to unblock 'firefox.exe' forever (like an exception list or something like that). Basically you are trying to upgrade your browser and norton doesnt want you to.

Dont even worry about being new mate we're here to help. :)

Mozilla needs to start making update patchs availible instead of forcing the user to re-download the entire problem. The only thing i dont like about firefox is that two times updating firefox caused me to losse all my bookmarks,extensions and other settings.

Hmm..I never lost any of my settings when I updated Firefox...may have been because I didn't remove the older version. I still had all bookmarks, settings, and everything else. A patch COULD be more useful...the updates wouldn't take as long to download if they did that.