xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tarin

Need For Speed Carbon

i am now the happy owner of a nfs carbon game! and i have to say its great!! it is similar to the nfs underground version but it is also very different!the crews and regions that you have to take control of area are great additions! for those who havent played..as you win races you take over territory on the map and as you take over more, you get mroe races, more cars and more people to play against. when you own almost a complete region the person who is currently in charge challenges you -if you win, you get the territory!! great idea! the modding of cars has also undergone some changes, and i have to say great again!the autosculpt mode is great. Autosculpt lets you chnage the size width length etc etc of all of the aftermarket parts on your car! the paint also has some new additions including candy and matte paint!as always you have to race in the carrear to play the game. the game is played at night and has a great feel to it.also going with the territories there are 'heat zones'. these 'zones' are a indicator of how much cop trouble there is in the region, if the heat is high (like 4 or 5) you have a better chance of being chased by the police, whereas if it was lower (1 or 2) you wont get chased as often!the pursuit mode has also changed!as you are being chased you have a chase meter which sits in the top right of your screen. if the cops get close to you, the goes to the red and to the 'busted side' once you get away from them its goes the opposite way! when the bar goes all green you go into cooldown mode. in cooldown you cannot be seen by the police or they will chase you, stay way and you win the pursuit gaining bounty!out of career mode, there is the challenge series! these are a series of races and events that you can complete to finish the game. the challenges range from outrunning the cops in a dump truck to getting from one side of the town to another.the drift mode has been revamped too! you now need to have speed to drift and you get more points depending on how fast you are going! the drifts are fast and can go out of control anytime! one of the best drifts is the downhill drift which you must race on a number of occasions. while you are going downhill at over 150kmph you must drift around corners, not touching the edges as to loose your points. overall, nfs carbon is a great game and i recommend it to anyone!

Edited by Jimmy89 (see edit history)

need for speed carbon was alright. the graphics weren't like "whoa". but ive been a bit used to the need for speed series now and it's boring me. no offense to those who like it but i just can't stand doing the same thing over and over again in order to get through the game.although it does have some good features. i really like the tuner, muscle and exotic groups. that's a great touch. drifting is a plus (seems like it's being copied off of f&f3 tokyo drift).anyway i think this is a great game is you want to play it once in a while when you're bored.

The whole game is based on Tokyo Drift. Either that or Tokyo Drift is based on Carbon. I enjoyed it when it first came out. It was nice, I absolutely love the drifts and the new car classes. I was disappointed to see that several staples, especially in the tuner class, were nowhere, such as the honda civic, and possibly the Acura. Also missing are european tuners like the Peugeot, and others like the M5 which i think should have been included in the career mode. The continuity from Most Wanted's storyline is nice, but Sgt.Cross is really a third wheel. He has absolutely nothing to do in Carbon, which is a disappointment. while the chases are fun and more challenging than in MW, they're scattered so far apart that after a while you start glancing around for that discarded MW. Engine tuning and chassis are too basic, unlike NFS Underground2. There are no special engine upgrades as there were in MW. You spend too much time fighting off challengers to your turf. There are too few drifts, and too few canyon races. The same car will handle 3 different ways, depending on whether you're doing a drift, a sprint, or a canyon run. The city is too small, and unlike MW where you had to work your way up the 15 blacklist racers, here there's only 4. Not enough of a challenge. No LAN mulitiplayer available, and too much in the city taken from underground 2. I love the game for what they did include, but only as long as i don't bother looking at what it could have been.

Need for Speed Carbon delivers the next generation of adrenaline-filled street racing as players face the ultimate test of driving skill on treacherous canyon roads. What starts in the city is settled in the canyons as Need for Speed Carbon immerses you into the world's most dangerous and adrenaline-filled form of street racing. You and your crew must race in an all-out war for the city, risking everything to take over your rivals' neighborhoods one block at a time. As the police turn up the heat, the battle ultimately shifts to Carbon Canyon, where territories and reputations can be lost on every perilous curve. Need for Speed Carbon delivers the next generation of customization giving you the power to design and tweak your crew's cars in every way using the ground-breaking new Autosculpt technology. Represent your car class, your crew, and your turf in Need for Speed Carbon, the next revolution in racing games.Is the best ;)

Need for speed underground i found it in english :rolleyes: :

Need For Speed Underground taps into the "tuner" culture of urban street racing by offering the most popular tuner cars such as Toyota Supra, Mitsubishi Eclipse, Nissan 350Z, the Nissan Skyline GTR and more. The game play is totally realistic; players can actually feel the difference in handling between the cars; The scenes, set at night with various obstacles such as construction, excess traffic or varying road conditions, and boast graphics designed by an Oscar-nominated graphics expert. Game features three modes of play: race, career and tournament. In Career mode, players can run their car through a series of 81 challenging races to earn parts and upgrades. Not only can players earn performance upgrades, they can customize it with unique graphics or ground effects. Tournament mode will include national cash-prize tournaments - a first for coin-op driving - as well as operator tournaments. Players will be able to choose circuit or drag track styles, 6-speed manual or automatic transmission and, of course, their cars !

reading this analysis i like more the underground than carbon
Edited by Mark420 (see edit history)

Need for speed carbon is really goos it's one of the best racing games i played. The carrer mode in there is really good and challenging and one of the good things is the game does not end that quick. The cars in the game are also very good the Lamborghini Murceilago was my favourite. If the game does end on xbox live the live play is also very good and you can pick up a race any time.Need for speed carbon is one the best racing games i'd say.

I know it's a bit late, but since this topic was bumped anyways, I have Need for Speed: Carbon on PSP, and lately I've been playing it a *ton*, especially online. I'm not that good yet, but I'm getting better :mellow:. It's the first NFS game I've ever bought for any system, and it was DEFINITELY worth the $19!

Personally, I don't really have a taste for driving games, but I remember playing an old version of Need For Speed as a kid, driving around a track many times. For me, when you grow older, you tend to change your game preferences. I suppose the only Need for Speed I really liked was playing the police in one of the Need of Speed games. Nowdays, I tend to prefer Action or First Person Shooting games.

ahhh...I know this is an old thread but this was one of the only titles i did not get in the underground series well you know the newer games.I have NFS Underground, missed out on NSFU2 then didn't get rivals i think it was, decided to get most wanted, which was awesome but never got carbon. I just recently got Pro Street but it has changed a lot from the older games. A bit weird but i dont mind it. Carbon looks good though wouldn't be stepping back if you got it now because the later games aren't exceeding carbons level.

Just an update: There is a new game coming out soon. It is called Need for Speed: Undercover. Looks good and looks like it has gone back to the city racing style of game unlike Pro Street.