xisto Community
WeaponX

Resolution Keeps Changing To 800x600 After Restart

I have the whole resolution keeps changing back issueResolution Keeps Changing To 800x600 After Restart

I have Window 7 and my Computer runs on AMD 64 Nvida as a video card, Also my computer is hook up to the television screen size 42inchs, the Computer is also hook up to through HDMI on my TV also an optical cable to my receiver 5.1 Home theater system

Alright now that we got that information out of the way, for awhile my damn screen keeps rebooting up to 800x600 all the time well lately should I say and I have it uncheck for Base Video, but still would give me the same thing, not to mention when its rebooting the screen on my computer would have all these weird letters For example.

when getting into Safe mode, we know how the Option looks right?

Safe Mode

Safe mode with Network

or Start up as Normal Mode

but instead picture it like this is on my screen

S35Y[mode][3241j@$

Saf[{{][opde

Start %#^s No{}{#%$@de

Why does that happen? what can I do to solve this issue please help me :((! 

-reply by Ricky

So, every dill holed idea I've read on the internet about resolution reseting is useless. I think most people think something then write it like they made windows vista. If you don't know, then just shut your mouth! I'm running vista on an hp laptop with an lcd tv with vga input. I have tried everything to keep my rez from reseting. Nothing worked. So...SOOOOO...I went to windows updater looked into the optional updates and selected everything that said nvidia and installed them. VOILA! works great. The problem was my nvidia drive...NVIDIA  D R I V E R! The old version wasn't smart enough to save the configuration or to recognize it when I started up. ... Why are you still reading this? GO UPDATE ! To do manually, go to control panel, device manager, find your video cardy mac driver thingy, under driver tab click update driver. I've done this twice (hard drive crashed!) and it works everytime :)

-reply by Jack Mehoff

ad policyResolution Keeps Changing To 800x600 After Restart

I know it's an old post, but I'd like to make a thing clear about the person asking to take out the ethernet cable.

If the pc belongs to a AD network and there was a policy set. Unplugging would not help.

In an AD network, the local computer would get the Domain Policy and keep a local copy, so unplugging the cable would only cause the fact that if any new policy was made or changes, it would not yet take effect.

-reply by rene

problems retaining admin system changes while using limited user accountResolution Keeps Changing To 800x600 After Restart

Hello,

I'm using windows XP Media Center.  The other day I logged into my administrative account and made a change (under performance, advanced settings, changed  memory usage from Program to system cache).  I understand this is a server setting, I'm experimenting.   So the change was made and rebooted.  Then I logged into my limited user account but the change was not saved...  I went back into my admin account and the change exists.  If I change my limited user account to an admin account the change is recognized...

Does anybody have an idea of what would be causing this, or what workaround I could do?

Thanks very much

john

Screen Resolution solvedResolution Keeps Changing To 800x600 After Restart

Hi I have been searching for the solution about a few days and there are no solution on the forms that I have been through but finally I have solved it as I have download a new graphic driver and installed it, my screen resolution settings are stable now. I use ati radeon graphic card and I always go for the latest drivers which didn't help though I have tried a few different versions and I finally got it ok. I know it's not about the monitor, tv/monitor or OS its the driver itself :) hope it helps.

I use XP pro x64 OS

ATI Radeon HD Graphic Card

Toshiba tv/monitor.

-reply by Moutlou