xisto Community
ginginca

Anyone Knows Of A Good PPC Tracking Software? Software?

Is there anything that anyone is using to track PPC ads for their e-commerce site?

I am going to run campaigns from numerous sources and want to track right through to the conversion ... and if possible WHAT they bought.

(please ... this is not an invitation for your AFF link. I'm looking for something you are actually using yourself.)

Thanks!

Gin

As I understand you, you are looking for a piece of software or web script to track your ad campaigns either on your website or other.

If this is indeed the case then there is a very good free system availible.
phpAdsNew is a free program that actually come preinstalled with the free web hosting accounts at Xisto.

It is pretty complex to use but once you figure out most of the system, you'll quickly see the benefits of the multi-featured system.

It can be used in its simplest form as the ad manager on your website.
- It can control the number of times a banner or campaign of banners is displayed.
- It can be used with keywords or zones
- Each Ad service (AdSense, LinkConnector, Commission Junction, etc...) gets it's own account

It can also be used as an ad server system where you can recruit advertisers and and webmasters.
- Get paid by advertisers to to server their ads on you members websites.
- Pay your members with a PPC, PPM, etc system.
- Use it to track the number of times your ads are being clicked through each of your advertising agents (The little guy with your ads on his website).

The manual is quite large an will require you to play with the systema little to get the hang of it. I haven't been to the support forum but there is one and I'm sure that any problems you may have can be addressed there.

Hope This Helps. :unsure:

vujsa

Yeah, I use it but in kind of a limited way. Since my website isn't finished yet, I don't really have a need to rotate and target ads but I do anyhow. I'm using it with ads from Amazon and Link Connector. I got a couple of other ads for things like free domain names, Ipods, music, etc... But I haven't integrated them into the ad manager. I only use them on the Free Web Hosting Application Form since people looking for free web hosting would probably like a free domain name as well. They have done pretty well there. Maybe they would do better with some ad management. :unsure:

I've read the manual and found the program to be quite versatile. It is a little difficult to use with a CMS (Content Management System) since the best way to use the manager is with PHP coding in your pages which is difficult to set up for maximum effect in a CMS. Direct input of the code into the template of a CMS results in a kind of static rotation of ads and trying to insert the code into a module for a CMS since the module is generated by PHP so having PHP in it causes problems. Basically, unless you program the module correctly, by the time you get to the PHP code for the ads, the PHP parser has already finished working.

As a result I've had to rely on <IFRAMES>. Not my first choices for displaying ads. Well, I think you'll like this software. Good luck to you.

vujsa

I downloaded it and read through the beginning of both manuals. It looks like it will manage ads ON a web site.I want to make sure I have explained myself right ... I want to track the ads on other sites (and PPC ads like google adwords) - stuff I am paying for, to see what converts to sales, so I know what is useful and what is useless, for where I spend my advertising $.Will it do that? From what I saw in the manual it was the reverse of that.

If I got this straight, you said this is pre-installed on asta hosted member accounts?Where to find it in the control panel to take a look? It sounds very interesting and usefull, I don't like the sound of the complexity lol but I have probably put myself through worse for less.