xisto Community
dhanesh1405241511

How To Check File Size Of A Remote Folder

I have uploaded say phpbb on the server .. and i want to see how much size it is ( i know i can do that on windows) but i want to check the folder size AFTER i add images .. tweaks .. posts .. etc to it .. i want too what size the folder would be .. how do i check that ? .. any free software or cpanel could help me ?RegardsDhanesh.

hrough your FTP client. It should tell you the total size in bytes (or KB if it is automatic). I recommend FileZilla.

Nope ! Filezilla will give you the content of a single folder, provided that it has no subfolders. If you want to know inside phpbb or 4images, you will see only the first folder (with install.php and config.cfg) and not the full content including all the subfolders.

Hey, I think you can get the size of folders/directories and all what is inside them by using CPanel?

I discoverd this just today :D In cPanel, you have "File Manager", but that won't help you, as it is used only to manipulate folders. The things you should use is "Disk Usage", right next to the manager. It tells you how much space each folder takes up.