xisto Community
austiniskoge

Where Can I Get Microsoft Photo Editor? Its impossible to find...

Okay, so I need Microsoft Photo Editor.I have WinXP, and all we get in XP is that crappy Photo Viewer or whatever...I want my Photo Editor back!I know it was packaged with Windows 97, and I've used it before. It's great for a quick edit of simple things like contrast, brightness, and even making transparent backgrounds. Unfortunately, they discontinued it for XP. That sounds like the stupidest thing ever to me.Anyways... where the heck can I get it? I read some dumb explanation on Microsoft's website, but that doesn't cut it for me. I want a program download or something.Help!

Look here : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

What happened to Photo Editor? Help Assistance > More Office programs > Picture Manager > Working with Pictures

Show All
Hide All
Microsoft Photo Editor has been discontinued as a Microsoft Office component as of Microsoft Office 2003.

It has been replaced by Microsoft Office Picture Manager. While Picture Manager is primarily a file management tool, and not an editing tool, it does have some image correction and editing features.

For a broad range of editing options when working with pictures, the best approach is to work with a photo editing program, such as Microsoft Digital Image Pro.

Or, if you upgraded from Office XP, you can re-install Photo Editor from your Microsoft Office XP CD-ROM.

Re-install Photo Editor from your Microsoft Office XP CD-ROM

Insert the Microsoft Office XP CD-ROM into your computer's CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive.
If the Office XP Setup program does not start automatically, follow these steps:

Click Start, and then click Run.
In the Open box, type drive:\Setup.exe, where drive is the letter of your CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive.

Start to step through the setup process, and then select Customize for the type of setup to perform.
When you reach the Selecting Features step, set each node of the setup tree to Not Available.
Under Features to install, expand Office Tools.
Click Microsoft Photo Editor, and then click Run from My Computer.
Click Install Now.
Click OK when Office XP Setup has completed successfully.
Editing features in Picture Manager

Brightness and contrast Allows you to adjust the difference between light and dark tones. You can use this feature to correct pictures that appear too light or too dark.
Color Allows you to adjust the hue (hue: The color attribute that most readily distinguishes one color from other colors. A color's hue is also its name.) and saturation (saturation: A measure of purity in a color, determined by its movement away from gray. More gray in a color means lower saturation; less gray in a color means higher saturation.). You can use this feature to correct pictures with colors that are tinted or dull.
Crop Allows you to crop (crop: To trim vertical or horizontal edges of an object. Pictures are often cropped to focus attention on a particular area.) out unwanted parts of a picture. You can use this feature to correct pictures that contain distracting elements.
Rotate and Flip Allows you to rotate pictures or flip them on the current axis of the picture. You can use this feature to correct pictures that you have taken sideways for a portrait orientation.
Red eye removal Allows you to remove the red from your picture subjects' eyes caused by the camera's flash. You can use this feature to correct red eyes wherever they appear.
Resize Allows you to change the dimensions of a picture. You can use this feature to enlarge a picture for printing or reduce it to send in e-mail messages or share on the Internet (Internet: A worldwide network of thousands of smaller computer networks and millions of commercial, educational, government, and personal computers. The Internet is like an electronic city with virtual libraries, stores, art galleries, and so on.).
Photo Editor editing features not supported by Picture Manager

Effects Sharpen, Soften, Negative, Despeckle, Posterize, Edge, Chalk and Charcoal, Emboss, Graphic Pen, Notepaper, Watercolor, Stained Glass, Stamp, Texturizer.
Tools Smudge, Sharpen, Set Transparent Color.
Image Acquisition You cannot create a new image from a scanner or a camera. (In Microsoft Windows XP, the capability to create a new imagine from a scanner and a camera is built in Microsoft Windows Explorer.)
Image Fewer color correction options are available in Picture Manager 2003 than were available in Photo Editor. Specifically, there is no Gamma adjustment, and you cannot apply corrections to only one of the three color components, red-green-blue (RGB).
Properties You cannot explicitly specify the image resolution dots per inch (dpi) or the color depth of images in Picture Manager 2003.

Seems rather simple : insert the XP CD, click Install, click Microsoft Photo Editor, etc...

Hope this helped

Yordan

Yeah... that's a little involved for me. :unsure: But I found a website that had it. If anyone else wants it, I'll give ya the link. PM me or something. I don't have the link for the download, but I have a YouSendIt link.

Why do you want something as limiting as Photo Editor ?? Have you ever given Paint.NET a try ?? It beats the **** out of any given freeware graphics editor.

You should definitely give it a shot and see. Freely downloadable at: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Well, I love simple programs. Sure, there's a niche and a need at times for heftier things like Photoshop and Paint.net (which requires you to run that frame thing... :unsure: )But when I want to do transparency real fast, nothing- NOTHING beats Photo Editor.BTW, watch out for corrupted downloads and the like. I've got several downloads where the program can't properly associate the .dll files. Really annoying.

okay, to clarify:i no longer have a link to photo editor. i used to... about a year or so ago.so PLEASE no more PMs about it.just use something else. sorry.

okay, to clarify:
i no longer have a link to photo editor. i used to... about a year or so ago.
so PLEASE no more PMs about it.

just use something else. sorry.

as i said,get it off torrent sites or just buy it
i

ms photo editor

Where Can I Get Microsoft Photo Editor?

Where can I get it again. It wouldn't copy from an office 2000 disc (I'm working with office 2003 now which is how I lost my ms photo editor). It did so many things and I found the only thing lacking was correcting redeye (which I do with another program).

Most people don't realize how versatile it was and so easy to use. MS should be whipped with a wet leather strap for overriding that program. Things like that make me hate them.

-yosyos

Replying to austiniskoge

No you cannot download it from official website but you can get it from other sites I just found this site by googling a bit there is also download linl

//not working

by Coder

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

I need this for my Microsoft Wireless photo keyboard.

(Microsoft Digital Image Standard 2006)

Does anyone know where I can find it - my original disk is damaged :(

I've heard it comes on some Office programs - is this true?

Thanks

Mia

-reply by Author Name - e.G. John, MikeKeywords: where can i get microsoft digital image standard 2006

Microsoft Photo Editor Must Be Installed From A Disc.Don't Waste your time searching the internet.FIND A COMPUTER GURU WITH THEOFFICE 97 DISC.