xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ebbinger_413

Modded Xbox usb port added

unfortanatly i couldnt find a forum to post this :( so i just sorta tossed it in the lobby :( but its pretty sweet and i was thinkin of writing a tut for it...;)

so i got my xbox from my brother and my first thought was...boring...so i thought id jazz it up a bit. i swapped the original 8gig hard drive with a slightly bigger 40gig hard drive and softmodded it with ndures pack and then ftp'd to it and replaced the dash with xbox media center and added the t3ch xbmc skin release to make it look like xbox 360...but that wasnt enough...i formated one of my usb's with the original m$ dash so that it work like a mem card with my homemade usb-xbox adapter...but i didnt like the adapter as sometimes it didnt work and i was too lazy to fix it :P so i wanted to put usb ports in my box...but i have never seen anyone do this before so i kinda had to go out on a limb and find a spot for it in the already cramped box...but i found a spot and i cut some holes and wired the thing in there ;)

here are some pics...

pretty sweet ? and yes i did all that myself (with only a screwdriver, a small yellow utility knife, and a coldman cold heat)

heres link to my original thread...

man thats a pretty good job you did there. Ive been trying the same thing on my old playstation2, didn't work out as great as I had thought but still had some fun while i was doing it!Ive now just ended up moding my computer, still fun but i think that xbox would be better!

You modified it well, even if you have the heart to do it. I too have a Xbox at home and I just kept playing and playing, and I doesn't even want to modify it. Peharps I would just toss my whole Xbox into my spoil CPU and it sure look like a Xbox 360.I will just upgrade the speed, and all is done.Look! I can modify it better than you,and just hope I won't get the whole thing spoil............