xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kgd2006

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII PSP GAME that has PS2 Graphics

Everyone remembers the legend of the "FFVII" game? Well they are making a prequel to the game staring Zack as the main character. And Im definitely getting this game, because I love the FF VII series. I hope this game will be as good as the game I called a legend, because it sets a standard for a lot of rpgs out there today.
Well here is a article on the game off a site, this is info about the game during E3 of this year.

LOS ANGELES--Square Enix showed off what it called a "Compilation of Final Fantasy VII," which is a collection of products set in the Final Fantasy VII universe. One of the titles shown was Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, a spin-off for the PlayStation Portable that focuses on the role Soldier and Sephiroth played in Project Genesis--specifically the character of Zack. Square Enix showed a lengthy trailer for the game, and we're bringing you the details.
Crisis Core is a prequel to Final Fantasy VII that tells the story of Zack, a young recruit working for Soldier, the elite private military of the Shinra Corporation. Zack is eager to prove himself and achieve first rank in the organization. However, an older character who seems to be somewhat of a mentor to Zack tries to temper the young fighter's eagerness.

The trailer showed lots of heated discussions between Zack and this other character, and eventually Sephiroth came into the picture. Sephiroth is a legendary soldier, and Zack vows to be even stronger. Eventually Zack and Sephiroth meet and Project Genesis is mentioned, and it seems to be a point of contention within the organization.

Very little actual gameplay was shown in the trailer, but from what we did see, it seems that the game is very action-oriented. The combat sequences are fast, and we saw several moments where Zack jumped from one enemy to another, slashing with his sword as well as using a gun.

There was no sign of Cloud in the game, but Sephiroth made several appearances. Most notable was the sequence that closed the trailer, which showed Zack and Sephiroth battling with swords. The two clashed blades and Zack vowed to defeat Sephiroth, but of course Sephiroth would have none of that, and he effortlessly flung the young soldier aside.

Crisis Core is still currently in development, but both the rendered cinematics and the in-game footage look sharp. The world is dark and sterile, much like the headquarters of the Shinra corporation in Midgar in the original Final Fantasy VII. We'll bring you more details as soon as they become available, but for now, be sure to take a look at our gamespace for some brand-new screenshots of the game.

Edited by szupie (see edit history)

Oooh, that sounds really fun, too bad I don't have a PSP or ever plan on getting one. :(Besides, I still need to finish FFVII... it's really hard finding a copy of it anywhere nowadays, except on eBay which I can't use 'cause I don't have a credit card or even a bank account >_>;

Borrow it from a friend or (gasp) download the PC version. Laws were enacted against piracy because it lost companies valuable profit, but if its not in circulation anymore nobody really cares at all. Id still try to buy it though, if not just for the satisfaction (I spent $100 total for PC and PS versions lol).

I plan to get me a copy of it from the internet for my custom firmware psp. YAY

free ff 7

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

All you need is a computer, and a ps1 emulator and ff VII rom, you can get both at rombomb.Com

You'll also need scph1001.Bin, zlib1.Dll, and audio and sound plugins, but you could probably google all that stuff up. They should all be free downloads. To put it all together, look it up on youtube. It sure beats paying 60 sumthin for a used game. Its legal to have a ps1 emulator if you have a ps1.

-reply by stashun