xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pyost

New Google Earth, Version 4

In addition to just mapping, Google Earth can also display information from other sources such as Panoramio and Wikipedia, along with three-dimensional buildings if someone has posted them (mostly things like the CN tower, CBC building, etc).I think that Google Earth is a very educational tool for anyone to use because of its extensibility.

It's not so dangerous in my opinion, no one can look at your house in real time, most of those high-res pictures are old, except for the most famous places where satellites fly through and take photos, it's quite a hard thing to accomplish.. for example when I look at my city, even though it seems quite high res, but the grand canyon looks much better, but most of those buildings are old, I can see buildings and bridges built since ~2002 year and it didn't change since the first version of google earth, so I lost my interest in it..Besides, it's almost impossible to look at people from space in real time, like they do it in the movies, for example the serial Jericho, they logged in and watched people from space, for this to happen you need to have a satellite other that place which would travel the same speed as earth other that land, it can't go there and there just like that, also the same on some other movies, for that to be possible, you need.. :)As I know, you can only order/get some pictures of the earth coordinates, and you can't really look or film it, because the satellite being other that position takes several seconds or something like that, at least I heard like that and it's quite logical.

I will download this one... Sounds like fun I thought the beta versions were good (that was about a year ago). I was just a little worried about privacy and security. Everyone knows (like it or not) eventually they will have the technology to have a live feed. Just think about what that would do to privacy (your always be watched). Now if that doesn't bother your then just imagine the threat to national security. We were scared when Russia lunched its first satellite, soon every single person with a computer and an internet connection could access the very same thing. Maybe the U.N. should put a limit to what non-military satellites can do (if they don't already have one).Thanks,Sparkx

It's not so dangerous in my opinion, no one can look at your house in real time, most of those high-res pictures are old, except for the most famous places where satellites fly through and take photos, it's quite a hard thing to accomplish.. for example when I look at my city, even though it seems quite high res, but the grand canyon looks much better, but most of those buildings are old, I can see buildings and bridges built since ~2002 year and it didn't change since the first version of google earth, so I lost my interest in it..
Besides, it's almost impossible to look at people from space in real time, like they do it in the movies, for example the serial Jericho, they logged in and watched people from space, for this to happen you need to have a satellite other that place which would travel the same speed as earth other that land, it can't go there and there just like that, also the same on some other movies, for that to be possible, you need.. :)

As I know, you can only order/get some pictures of the earth coordinates, and you can't really look or film it, because the satellite being other that position takes several seconds or something like that, at least I heard like that and it's quite logical.

Umm.... that is very possible, most communication satellites are already geosynchronous. Especially for satellite TV. Thus, it won't be hard to have picture-taking satellites to be geosynchronous.

Also, there isn't much problems with Google Earth since most of the satellite pictures are so outdated, it's funny to look at it. Some locations are completely wrong. Google Earth & Maps never got my house address correct. They think I'm like 5-6 houses down the road.... lol, it makes me laugh none the less.

xboxrulz

Umm.... that is very possible, most communication satellites are already geosynchronous. Especially for satellite TV. Thus, it won't be hard to have picture-taking satellites to be geosynchronous.

But not in such real time like they do it on the movies and so fast, unless you're lucky and the communication satellite is near the position you want, it's not like it can go forward up down and etc. to accept your coordinates as fast as now and as you said it can take lots of pictures. :)