xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
vicky99

Creating Executable Jar Files

jar file Creating Executable Jar Files

Replying to vicky99Hi..I have done all the step as per done by u. But my jar file is not opening when I double click on the jar file . Pls suggest me right step for it.Waiting for reply.

ThanksShashikant

@Shashikant, why don't you use jar2exe ? It is one good way of using it with jar files. With jar files you can use jar2exe to convert your files to exe. There are many other installer and software that can create executable or installer for jar files. Check google.

error problem in main classCreating Executable Jar Files

your code creates a jar file but it gives a error "Failed to load manifest attribute for  jarex.Jar file" 

-reply by sagar salunkhe

your code creates a jar file but it gives a error "Failed to load manifest attribute for jarex.Jar file"

Why don't you use jar2exe ? That way of using to convert the jar file to exe is much better and performance is not affected as well. You need to try that. If it is not working then post here. I'll try and solve it.

problem solvedCreating Executable Jar FilesIn your jex.Mf:Manifest-Version: 1.0Main-Class: JarExampleNote: make sure you type a carriage return after this line; some windowsSystems need it and will report a "Failed to load Main-Class manifestAttribute" error.

source:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

-reply by engkoment

got error while running a jar fileCreating Executable Jar Files

I got an error while executing the jar file and the error is as follow;

"failed to load Main-class manifest attribute from E:/my games/game.Jar "

pls help me in this regard. How can I rectify this error??? 

-reply by raju garu

answer to Failed to load manifest attribute for jarex.Jar Creating Executable Jar Files

open the jar file with the winRAR

then ope the mainfest folder andd file in it with noepad

if the code is corrupted edit it and save 

-reply by mzalih

Error: Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from packEx.jarCreating Executable Jar Files

We have the following project directory of classes and source.

1 Classes >> com.Headfirstjava.PackageExercise.Class. Source >>com.Headfirstjava.PackageExercise.Java

2. A text file of manifest.Txt in notepad has a single line.

Main-Class: com.Headfirstjava.PackageExercise and save this text file as manifest.Txt. We have put this manifest.Txt file  in Classes folder.

3. We run the jar tool to create JAR File D:ProjectClasses> jar cf packEx.Jar manifest.Txt com

4. Running(executing) the JAR >> java -jar packEx.Jar. Error : Failed to load ...From packEx.Jar.

Let us view the contents of jar file: jar -tf packEx.Jar >> META - INF/MANIFEST.MF manifest.Txt com/headfirstjava/PackageExercise.Class

Let us extract all the contents of a jar file: jar -xf packEx.Jar. Kindly, note that packEx.Jar is not extracting.Is it the reason for getting error - " Failed to load ------from packEx.Jar". Can anybody fix it?

-question by Arindam Biswas

pagination integration with existing projectCreating Executable Jar Files

Hi

I created a pagination code using java swing. I need to integrate it with my existing code. That is my retail project. Here now all the data will be in one page. I need to change it as pagination. But I did separate app pagination. So now I need to integrate it. But I don't know how to do. Pls can any one tell me about this.

-reply by kumar

How to create setup for a java project?Creating Executable Jar Files

R/Sir

I have already created a runnable jar file using manifiest file but I wanna ask you, How to create setup for a java project?

-question by Ramesh

Didnt Work Creating Executable Jar Files

I follwoed that procedure.Jar file is created.ButDid not excute that jar file.Error: "failed to load main-class manifest attribute from jar"Please give any other options...

-reply by Warma

eclipse executable jar problemCreating Executable Jar Files

I am working on a simple mobile game in java.Finally, I am done with the running code in eclipse, but unable to deploy it in an executable jar file, since my game contains two files first.Java(extends MIDlet) and second.Java(GameCanvas) and none of them having "main" in it, all are inherited abstract methods...I have tried various ways to create the same but each time stuck at manifest entries where main class is to be defined. If I try to do this using eclipse export wizard, I am not able to find any launch configuration, the dropdown list comes empty...Somebody help!

-question by Neelabh

how to create a single exe file for my project?Creating Executable Jar Files

Replying to vicky99Hii!! I have created a project on hospital managment...In java language...Now the problem is that ...My project contains 25 files including (java class files,java source files and 3 jpeg file)...And now I want to make a single executable file (exe file) for the complete project ...Like other software have...Pllzz help me...As soon as possible... Thnk u...

-question by Varun Chauhan