xisto Community
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

21 Year Old Hacker Gets 5 Years Sentence

Of couse we know difference between white-hat hacker and a cracker!I think people like this shouldn't end like that,they should just be taught how to use their "powers" into something they can really use in the good matter,to become white-hat hackerThey should be taught how to break in a site/PC or server,and rather to show people their mistakes in security instead of exploiting that mistake..Thanks...Eggie

Did any of you hear about the kid who hacked into microsoft a few years back. The funny thing is he didn't get put in jail or anything. In fact the thing that did happen to him is that he was hired by microsoft because of his achievement of getting into microsoft. The thing about alot of virus makers is that they seem to do for complete control like a botnet virus which links computers then binds them as one giant computer designed to infect other computers. the problem with alot of stuff is a virus starts of as a simple thing and then it moves further into your system infect files as it goes along like a real virus does when it infects the human body and makes you computer ill. some more evil viruses will break into your system just to cause as much damage as it possibly can. todays virus diguise themselves as other programs and when you run it they activate and spread across your computer and will even find a way to migrate into a computer on your network. The best way to catch a virus is to scan your computer in safe mode because in that mode. most programs are deactivated and only the most vital programs are open.So the most important thing is to virus scan the entire of your computer in safe as this provides a much better chance of catching it since it has less ability to hide since it will be deactive unless it is in a system file but a virus scanner would still catch it there. also dont forget to make sure that you have anti spyware.

@grim reaper1666:it is even better to scan your pc when windows is not loaded...i don't know how that option is called,but i think avast has that option,i didn't use any other antivirus program for ages...you should scan your computer on regular basis so you can protect your files and privacy ;)thanks...Eggie

@grim reaper1666:it is even better to scan your pc when windows is not loaded...i don't know how that option is called,but i think avast has that option,i didn't use any other antivirus program for ages... you should scan your computer on regular basis so you can protect your files and privacy ;)

thanks...Eggie

The best way to do this would probably be a USB version of linux. Use UNetBootin to load a version of Ubuntu on to a USB flash drive, restart the computer then in the bios change the boot order to USB first. Then insert your USB key and save the changes, the computer will boot up in Ubuntu without affecting your hard drive and you can download and run an antivirus scanner to scan the hard drive while it is not being used at all!

I dont know how much I am saying is true but I have heard some rumors telling that anti-virus and security companies themselves make virus and other malacious programs, so I think its ok if the law catches all the virus makers because the anti-virus companies themselves make virii to keep them in the market. tongue.gif

Well I remember reading that when people get caught, Virus some virus companies help get them out of jail. Seen as an asset, the person usually gets hired by the companies in addition to some sort of community service.

If it is government related, I sure there is some plea bargain which they owe some services in the future.

5 years

5 years doesn't seem that long compared to other white collar crimes, such as accounting, stealing funs, patents, copyrights, and or secrets. Then again 5 years of down time to be unplugged from the Internet (computer)! You would really miss out on a lot of things. On the other hand 5 years spent white boarding and manually working out some pseudo code in on pen-n-paper could really be something when it's programmed in some sort of binary language.
With 5 years you could devote that to creating a new operating system, encryption system, video game, movie, novel, or solving some problem at a world level. It too much time if you ask me. Bummer ;)

Levimage

With 5 years you could devote that to creating a new operating system, encryption system, video game, movie, novel, or solving some problem at a world level. It too much time if you ask me. Bummer ;)
Levimage

Imagine how many whiteboards it would take for five years worth of solid coding lol You would end up being issued your own prison complex just to store the buggers! If I was imprisoned for five years then I would probably ask for a none-networked computer that was isolated from the other prisoners and pay for it myself, then sit back and work on my coding in peace. Obviously having to send it off for evaluation and monitoring for malicious content.