xisto Community
circlemodeling

NOD32 vs. Kaspersky: Which Is Better?

the best pc protection = av + fw + your brain

eset smart security or KIS2010 includes firewall already. Then you just need to tweak your brain.

Nod32 Is my choiceNOD32 vs. Kaspersky: Which Is Better?

I like Kass pretty well but it is a bit heavy on the pc. I used and tested alot of the av's before I bought one. Kass was one on my top list but it did not detect as much as nod32 did in my test but it did find some that nod32 did not but nod also found some kass did not. Overall thoe Nod32 faired the best and its light on my pc So I recommend it over all. But if you buy kass you will be protected pretty well.

-reply by George Caldwell

Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 > Nod32NOD32 vs. Kaspersky: Which Is Better?I've used Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 for some time now, almost a year.Despite what others have said about system resource usage and speed, I believe it comes out on top.1.) KIS 2010 has a massive load of features that you can customize to exactly your liking (one main feature would be the amazing firewall, blocking unwanted applications from accessing the internet, blocking intrusive IP-based attacks, etc.)2.) Kaspersky isn't all that slow to start up, as others have said. Recent updates to v-9 have decreased the startup time and system resources by a large margin from the previous versions. Comparison between Nod32 and KIS2010 showed that Kaspersky reduced startup time by 13 seconds (a total of 29 seconds until startup was complete).3.) KIS2010 vs Nod32 scans showed that Kaspersky picked up 89% of possible infections vs 58% with Nod32 (all databases up-to-date).4.) The average RAM Kaspersky runs with after startup is ~43.07MB (43,072 KB) of memory, vs Nod32 standing at 37.79 MB (37,795 KB).5.) Kaspersky's Link Filter is also a useful tool, which Nod32 does not include.All in all, I would say that Kaspersky outreaches Nod32 in just about every area, the one outstanding category being the speed of a full system scan. With higher detection rates, a far better quarantine system, and an option to run .Exe files in a virtual environment (you can even fully install them to find out what exactly they do, without harming your computer in any way), Kaspersky shines brighter than Nod32.In fact, it's by far the best I've seen in quite some time.For all those Norton, McAfee, and AVG users, I suggest you switch over to Kaspersky, or at least find a freeware antivirus software. Norton essentially destroys your system resources, McAfee is technically an infection itself, and AVG has been packed with useless features over the years, and is currently useless.-reply by Chris

No QuestionNOD32 vs. Kaspersky: Which Is Better?

I would just like to comment and say I have tested many AV's theones I find most effective are Kaspersky,NOD 32, Bitdefender,and Norton. In my oppinion, those are the only AV's which can protect a system from today's current malware threats. The rest of the av's are too heavy orjust have an overall "bad" detection rate. I love NOD32; however, I love Kaspersky way more because I have never got an infection in my PC withKaspersky Antivirus or Internet Security, which I currently use now init. With NOD, I have had many trojans and other forms of malware slipinto the system, although I still love it and recommend it because ofits great protection. No antivirus is 100 percent accurate and noantivirus can detect every threat. There is at least one threat that can make it past every AV, even Kaspersky and NOD. But in conclusion, Iprefer Kaspersky over NOD, although NOD 32 still rocks!! and it willonly continue to get better, I am confident in that! :)

-reply by Slade Lloyd

hey,

I have used Norton 360, Kaspersky 2010, and Nod32 S.S. 4.  Norton is just too slow on my new Windows 7 Laptop and used to much memory.  Kaspersky on the other hand is very good and gives a decent performance.  But when I tried NOD32, that one was my favourite.  NOD32 Smart security all the way people.  It's fast, uses less memory, very efficient and has great performance. 

Thats my thought...  Now it's your pick...

-Ali R.

I have used NOD32 for a while now, and on an Atom 1.66ghz 1gb RAM system, it works seamlessly. And to be honest, I cant be bothered to change now, after reading this forum...

Eset - Kaspersky

NOD32 vs. Kaspersky: Which Is Better?

<p>I have been using KIS 2010 for 10 months and last week it let in a worm called Sohnad which completely screwed my computer. I could not even restore my computer in safe mode.

So a fresh install was done, windows xp sp3.

Totally disappointed with KIS. I have just downloaded a free trial with Eset NOD32 IS.

My license with KIS runs out in Feb 2010 and I will not renew - that's for sure. Anyone had good/bad experiences with NOD?

I know none are bullet proof, however, this worm that KIS let in has been around a while, so that angered me somewhat.

I may trial Bit defender as well. PC World staff keep going on about Norton 2010, but then they would as they seem to be their main stockists.

Any suggestions would be appreciated?</p>

<p>

Thanks

Gary

</p>

KIS or KAV wont allow any trojan or worm inside your computer unless you allowed it. I have been running kaspersky for a very long time. NOD32 is good way before and I recommend it a lot on my first days in asta. Then it turns out that kaspersky is way much better.

There are a lot of reasons why virus slip into kaspersky it is listed below

1. The user allowed the virus/worm to go inside.

2. It is mostly known that people are trying to use fake Licenses and even tried to use 3PP softwares to crack kaspersky and remove the license checking.

3. A disabled kaspersky auto scanner. Kaspersky is configurable and I notice people that experiencing problems with it actually turned off autoscan. It does not make sense for an antivirus that have the automatic scanner offline.

4. obsolete database, people believe that if they have a nice antivirus that they will be protected even if they don't update.

5. expired licenses, since expired licenses causes the update to stop, you are then exposed more. after a month of having an expired license, the whole antivirus stops working.

I don't know why people thinks that kaspersky was expensive when it was not. It cost less than $40 on my country. on some countries it was being sold on 3 packs license making it safer if you share it with 1 or 2 friends and share the fee.

My Antivirus Experince Past 2 Years

1.Eset Smart Security

2.Bit Defender

3.Avira

4.Kaspersky

5.Symantec 

ESET is RockZ

-reply by Jkraja

I think Kaspersky Internet Security is better... I've been using KIS for 3 years. Many times rescued me. I had a problem when all exe files were infected... I have a lot of them. I tried to cure them with nod, avast, Dr.Web but only Kaspersky helped me. Cured 99% of files. Well... I think that Kaspersky is better.

kaspersky is betterNOD32 vs. Kaspersky: Which Is Better?

NOPE, I PREFER KASPERSKY, because kaspersky uses a heuristic deep analysis and technic and ESET no uses this rootkit & deep scan heuristic technic.

-reply by benadef

KaperskyNOD32 vs. Kaspersky: Which Is Better?These are both great AVs but in my opinion KasperskyIs better. While NOD 32 is definitely lighter on resources compared to other AVs, so is Kapersky. All AVs slow boot time a little and Kapersky had the 2nd fastest (NOD 32 on top) with a boot time around 4 seconds shorter then the average. Kapersky does not use nearly as much resources as other AVs such as the extremely heavy Norton or McAfee or even medium system users like AVG. From the sound of it you want virus stopping power and Kapersky got 91% of all viruses in PC world. The only better one was Norton which got 93%. -reply by TheTopWalrus

Kaspersky or Eset NOD32?NOD32 vs. Kaspersky: Which Is Better?

Honestly, I believe that Eset NOD32 has a better User Interface compared to Kaspersky. If you download Eset NOD32 Smart Security and a Crack for it, you're practically set for life.

-reply by Khalid

Nod 32 is the bestNOD32 vs. Kaspersky: Which Is Better?

I have already used both.. The kaspersky and the nod 32 for evaluation, and I found out that Nod 32 is better. It cleans the system fast and really work well with USB or removable devices.

-reply by Nhez

I have kaspersky for almost 10 years. Well. I tried Symantec, McAfee, NOD 32, Bitdefender. So what I can say. Choosing antivirus it's like choosing a car for now. When you do the test drive you feel if u like or not like specific car, the same come to my mind for choosing antivirus. In my opinion, Symantec not even worth a word same as McAfee. It's just good commercialized and absolutelly useless waste of money in the world, unless u like headache. NOD 32 some like between, everyone see, but absolutelly impossible to say it's good or not, because when it's come to clean computer all NOD, Symantec and McAfee lovers download trials of Kaspersky or Bitdefender. I may agree if all your internet experience include open facebook and e-mail, it's really doesn't matter what u use, as far u have anything installed. But when u do some real work and surf, I see only Kaspersky and Bitdefender. And if u ever ask me how about scan time, I can tell u only one think: For 10 years I have Kaspersky, I never run full scan of any of computer I worked with, it's just not necessary, because scan files on you computer means - virus get through, and if it happend antivirus is not good.Bottom line: look for discounts, if there cheap to buy Kaspersky buy it, if there discount for Bitdefender get it.

-reply by Sergei

I think that NOD32 is much better I have used both. NOD32 runs alot faster and doesnt slow down your computer, however they are both effective at kill viruses but I would go with NOD32 because it has a better sandbox, which makes it 10X more effective at kill viruses that have just been created and they have not had time to create an update. I would go with NOD32 but kaspersky would be a close second.

For people that don't go around downloading random things and going to random website I would get what ever cheapest between kaspersky and nod32 

-reply by helololol