xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lonebyrd

Can't View PHP Files Using XAMMP Any ideas why?

I have downloaded a couple of PHP scripts and have tried to open the with XAMMP in PHP but it isn't working. The page pops up for a quick second, then disappears. I have no clue what is going on. I am opening it with the PHP.exe file in XAMMP, is that what I am supposed to be using? When it comes up for that second, you can see the writing, but like I said, it just disappears. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, probably something simple.

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

I have downloaded a couple of PHP scripts and have tried to open the with XAMMP in PHP but it isn't working. The page pops up for a quick second, then disappears. I have no clue what is going on. I am opening it with the PHP.exe file in XAMMP, is that what I am supposed to be using? When it comes up for that second, you can see the writing, but like I said, it just disappears. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, probably something simple.

What is happening is you're running the PHP interpretter, which is a console program, that will pop up display your PHP results, then exit. This isn't what you are wanting to happen. The interpretter is good for knowing problems with your script before hand, but you must launch it in a console.

What you want to do is store your PHP files in your web directory that XAMPP sets up for you, then you would view them by opening your browser and typing LOCALHOST/this_page.php where this_page.php is the name of the php file you want to open in your web directory.

Cheers,

MC

I understand now, I was having a dumb brunette moment, sorry. I've got it all figured out anyway. I needed to use it in my CPanel anyway, and it can be seen and edited there, so the problem is fixed. But thanks for clearing that up for me.

i canCan't View PHP Files Using XAMMP

I can't run the php file in htdocs . I'm already installed xampp. And I'm also run LOCALHOST/phpname.Php on browser but I can't see . The browser display "requested URL/phpname.Php was not found on this server".