xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
arens

Pondering Modern Music specifically Jojo the like

Is it just me or is the music industry targeting an ever younger audience? Groups like 3LW, and more recently singers like Avril Lavigne, Joss Stone and Jojo seem to be the mainstay nowadays. Not that they are no good (although Joss Stone is clearly out of her depth covering such heavy songs, and Jojo (hopefully) does not even know what she is singing about) but come on; why are they expecting such heavy output from such young people?I am 36 now (yes I know, I'm the dinosaur here) and have been struggling with adult life/problems/expectations for half my life. And I'm allready sick and tired of it! Can you imagine how tired I would be if I had started living an "adult" lifestyle at 11/12? A 13-year old singing about relationships, cheating, and such? It might happen, but should not be the norm.At 13 you should be hangin'out, bumming around, having a laugh with your mates and experiencing the kid's life, without (too much) responsibility and problems. You've got the rest of your life to go through car-payments, taxproblems, relationships, career etc! Why start it early? "Get Out" is a nice song, but the SWV-cover "Weak" shows that she has no way NEAR the vocal ability/maturity to even come close to the great R&B performers (yet). So why throw here to the lions so early? She has great potential, but exposing her this young could kill that.2 cents an all that...

rap sucks...rock owns all.the only thing close to rap that i listen to is the prodigy... new album out in a couple of days :P ....<turns on static-x>by the way, you say mainstay? those people have been up for maybe 2 years at tops (not really sure dont listen to that type of music) metallica is the mainstay, been around forever (remembers listenin to the black album when he was like seven and remembers that even then they were around for a long time) and still rocking hard, got a movie out about them even... now avril, she's hot. wow. who wouldnt want her to stay?? :P btw who are you talking about at the end? who's a thirteen year-old?? not the kind of music i listen to cause i dont have any idea who you're talking about...

as the younger ppl are the ones who buy the most of this popjunk and they can afford to use their money for their personal entertainment and only for that,yes the industry is aiming at them,I try as much as it is possible not to listen to all these shitholes of popprostitutes (sorry to be so harsh).

No man its classic rock like rolling stones and gun's and roses, ACDC?
cants spell CRAP without RAP.

Personally, I agree. I love the older rock and it has more meaning and is a lot more fun to listen to than some of the music you hear on the radio. Granted, I was still in diapers when all that music was still popular. But I loved it then and still do. I would have to say that Guns N' Roses, Bob Seger, Ozzy, Blue Oyster Cult and others were/are the real rockers.. Their music is still around and still popular with a lot of people. Hope that part, at least, never changes.

Later,
J. (TS)

Hey Moneymaker, can you spell "deleted"?Anyway I don't really like JoJo...at all...or bubble gum pop, but I guess you could be right although 13 year olds do deal with that stuff too now o_O well not me personaly but other people, maybe not "back in your day"(sorry..couldn't help it) but nowadays yes, they deal with g/f/b/f things. But having to go through being a celeb at that age(FYI I'm 13 >_>) might be a little er..much.Also I like rock and rap mainly.