xisto Community
manmankyle

Banner Made For A Friend

Did you happen to forget to attach the banner you made to the post, or is it the signature you have up? If you are refering to the signature that you have made, I will say that that is very neat work. Very creative in design, how many layers did you use to make that design, assuming that you used photoshop?

Wow it does look pretty nice, the text needs to fit in a little better with the whole picture though I think.Other then that it's great, have you been making stuff like this long? I started playing around with a little Photoshop recently but i'm not very good at it.

Actually I like how the text contrasts a bit to the background, it's got a smooth transition color-wise but the hard lines make it stand out. Usually people seem to blend the text into sigs and banners so much you can barely read them so I like that one :P

You have a good point there.Guess there's always a trade off with that, it'd be difficult in my opinion to get it any better without it blending in too much now that I really think about it.I might have to have a go at making one of these myself for a sig for my forum i'm building up.

Thats one of the problems with people who makes graphics lately (not anyone in particular or just here, but it seems at alot of forums I frequent) that they get into these trends and then just follow them (such as the overly blended text) without really thinking about it. Sure sometimes these trends are good, but sometimes not. Then again I could be the only one thinking any of the trends are ever bad :P Who knows. I just figure graphics and art are an expression so might as well make graphics you like yourself rather then conforming... just the ol two non-country-specific-small-currency

Yeah that's kind of how I see it, when I make something graphical for myself (which is rare because I really suck at it :P) I make sure I like it, no worry about anyone else lol.

Nice banner. I especially like the way you used the brushes to create the fiery effect to the right of the guy in the armor.

Notice from vujsa:
moshakes' one word post simply read "baaaa...d". Deleted as spam
Hey moshakes, what makes you think it's bad?Try and expand a little more on your comments, like what you do not like about it, it will benefit everyone including you as well.

first off, nice job.i guess a few things i notice are the fact that your cut ot of the robot itself is really good, and i like how the colors and effects really blend.the one and only thing i don't think quite fits this is the text. I think even thoughyou have the lack lines to make it stand out from the rest, the fact that it is in fact the same color as most of the background, making it a bit hard to read. and maybe making it a bit bigger to fit the space would make it a bit more stand-out-ish.like i said in the beginning though, good job.