xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

A Problem In Changing Folder Name! See Try to do it...

it is a wonderful problem that made Microsoft experts and even Bill Gates wondered...!and they dont know why & how it has happened.this problem is in changing folders name. you cant change your folder name to " con "right click on your folder and press rename then write "con" and enter.it doesn't change!!it is similar to " nul " too.try it! maybe you'll be succeed! please tell me if you did it.

Edited by nini (see edit history)

it is a wonderful problem that made Microsoft experts and even Bill Gates wondered...!and they dont know why & how it has happened.
this problem is in changing folders name.
you cant change your folder name to " con "
right click on your folder and press rename then write "con" and enter.
it doesn't change!!
it is similar to " nul " too.

try it! maybe you'll be succeed!
please tell me if you did it.

Not too sure about nul possibly null but they are reserved words and you can't name a file or folder with a reserved word. copy con is a DOS command to take input from the console or keyboard which is why it would be a reserved word.

it is a wonderful problem that made Microsoft experts and even Bill Gates wondered...!

and they dont know why & how it has happened.

this problem is in changing folders name.

Hehe - you're quite wrong there my friend. You see it was them who came up with the concept of con in DOS and coded it too. So there's no way they'd be left wondering about it after all these years :lol: