xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sindhu

Wordpress For Starters regarding blogs

I recently looked up this site called http://www.yoursite.nu/, its very nice site with great reviews, i looked up many blogs and found thy were all done mostly by word press, so i decided maybe i should start with it too. but then i had very annoying experience, i dont know if its my computer's or system's fault but i switched from using avant browser to fireox when i encountered a "sending referer error" i tried to fix it as they had guided in the help codex, but then no avail. so i switched to mozilla, so i failed in fixing the error again. and next i tried to give one last shot in K-meleon browser, where by defaultt sending referers are enabled, yet ive been getting the same error each time i try to post a entry in my wordpress account (https://sinphunk.wordpress.com/)this is so puzzling, i possible cant reason out why this is happening. i though maybe i could seek help through email from worpress but sadly they gave no such support. they did have a forum but i cant post in it, casue i get the sending referer error over again.am still keen on getting a wordpress blog, i still do want to learn how php works but i've no idea how to go about, please help.

I am having this error too, the first time I got it when Editing something Wordpress Blog, I did not know how to make it work, but after some time I understood why this Error appeared for me, does it only outputs you this message ? (I just needed to turn of my proxy)

Sorry, you need to Enable_Sending_Referrers enable sending referrers for this feature to work.

Your browser does not send a Referrer, you can't Edit anything by making a Direct Hit, so this might have happened, because you use some kind of a Proxy or even Privoxy (Some Ad Block, Firewall, Browser Setting.. etc.) which might make your browser to not send the Referrer, it is empty, usually bots have empty referrers, this is just for security.

here is a link which might explain a bit better: https://codex.wordpress.org/
Edited by Quatrux (see edit history)

Does anyone know how to install WordPress? Lol. I use Fantastico and stuff sometimes but later, I don't know how to make the theme, and that confuses me. When I install it, would anyone like to help me? Lol, I'm currently using Cutenews since it's really easy to integrate into my site, but of course WordPress is way better, 'cept for making the themes and stuff. Can anyone help me when I need it? lol. Thanks

I'm sure you'll find some help in the software section of this forum. I've worked a little with blog templates before and they seem to be fairly straight-forward when you get the hang of it. Download some templates already done for WordPress and observe the code. In no time, creating templates would be a snap.

Does anyone know how to install WordPress? Lol. I use Fantastico and stuff sometimes but later, I don't know how to make the theme, and that confuses me. When I install it, would anyone like to help me? Lol, I'm currently using Cutenews since it's really easy to integrate into my site, but of course WordPress is way better, 'cept for making the themes and stuff. Can anyone help me when I need it? lol. Thanks

Installing of Wordpress is pretty easy task to do. You must edit wp-config file and change options to your own settings, for eq. database name/password/hostname and such stuff. Then just upload Wordpress folder on your webhosting space, and run from your webbrowser php file for install procedure. You will find everything you need in your WordPrees folder under Readme.html:

1. Unzip the package in an empty directory2. Open up wp-config-sample.php with a text editor like WordPad or similar and fill in your database connection details
3. Save the file as wp-config.php
4. Upload everything.
5. Launch /wp-admin/install.php in your browser. This should setup the tables needed for your blog. If there is an error, double check your wp-config.php file, and try again. If it fails again, please go to the support forums with as much data as you can gather.
6. Note the password given to you.
7. The install script should then send you to the login page. Sign in with the username admin and the password generated during the installation. You can then click on 'Profile' to change the password

Pretty simple, you just must read trough manuals... :lol: