xisto Community
DungeoN

Error Not A Valid Win32 Application

I get this error message when I try to open some files for exampleC:\Downloads\Games\James_Bond_007 is not a valid win32 application or some other files the error message is always "is not a valid win32 application" What can I do to open these files so that the error message does not come up? How can I open this kind of file? I am using Windows Me Pentium 4 1.3 Gigs 256 dram

DungeoN

C:\Downloads\Games\James_Bond_007.*** What type of file are you trying to open!!

From

.::DAMAN::.

Make sure the application is still in it's original place C:\Downloads\Games and check if James_Bond_007 is still there. Also try reinstalling the game, it might help. Otherwise scan your pc for viruses... otherwise just call up the company that made the game or something...

The error message "is not a valid win 32 application" is inductive of a few things mainly:1. If it was a download something went wrong and the file is incomplete.2. A virus type infection, sadly the errors can keep happening even after removal.I would suggest running a couple of online scans, but first it would be nice to have your log..You can also try the HijackThis forum, down there in the security center and send your log there and give a little description of your problem and someone will help you..Hope it'll help ya..

To summaries the above replies,1) File type of "C:\Downloads\Games\James_Bond_007" is required in the first place to be able to continue troubleshooting.File type can be derived by examining the last 3 characters of the file.e.g. abcd.exe (Executable Application)e.g. abcd.scr (Screen saver)e.g. abcd.jpg (JPEG picture format)2) If it does not have a file type extention, you may try adding a closest possible extention to it.My suggestion is adding a ".exe" to the back of the filename to make it an executable application.3) If it doesn't work again, try HijackThis suggested by heavensounds.4) If all doesn't work, it can be evaluated to a few points : i) Your file download is incomplete, which leads to file corruption i) Your file is infected with a virus i) The file is simply now useless...

Due to Windows' registry requirements, all software must end with .bat, .com, .exe in order to execute. If not, it will think that it's an invalid file.xboxrulz

Not a valid Win32 application problem

Hi! Every time I pop in a CD or DVD in my new Lite-On DVDRW LH-20A1H LLOC with Lightscribe drive, the message "not a valid win32 application" is displayed. This happens with any CD or DVD that work fine in other PCs (wiht the same Windows XP Prof Ed as mine).

This DVDRW drive came with a bundled Nero 7.7 software, which I installed (thinking it was the best match for this drive). It refused to burn multi-session CD's or DVD's, and could not read the CDs or DVDs it burned. I also got the overly redundant message "advrcntr2.Dll not found" (though the file was there and was NOT corrupted).

I uninstall ed Nero 7.7, then "downgraded" my old Nero to 6.6.08 which worked fine in the past. For about 2-3 weeks, this Nero version worked fine. One day, it refused to continue multi-session discs, then later insisted those discs had I/O device errors (though those discs worked fine in other PCs). Then the drive began to not read any discs it burned. Then it began to display "advrcntr2.Dll not found" every time I open a folder with any video or audio files. Nero advised me to run their General Cleaner tool and Registry Fix, which I did. I also defragmented my 2 hard disks twice. The dll error stopped, but now I could not re-install Nero or any other program. :eek:

Then the drive stopped reading any CD or DVD's altogether. Every time I pop in any CD or DVD, the error message "not a valid win32 application" is displayed. :eek:

I checked for viruses and worms (even Sub7, Ravmon, etc), and my PC has turned up clean. No autorun.Inf file or any .Dlls from worms. I re-installed WinXP from boot-up (since even the Windows installation disk could not be recognized and the "not a valid win32 application" error comes up too). No CD or DVD can still be read. I de fragmented my disks again and again, ran registry fix, ran HJT, etc and re-installed Windows one more time. I also saved the registry fix 5 recommended on one forum. Still no change. I ran chkdsk many times, but only the /are option was accepted. It kept saying that the /p option was not valid. Still no change.

I am at my wits' end. :4-don't know I have tried every single suggestion in every link I found on the net regarding this error message, and still no solution. :sigh: Please, can you help me out?

Thanks very much.

-Soleil.Lune

same prob but a bit diff...

I got that problem on an online game at first it is working well.. Then as I was playing we had a blackout.. Then when I reopened my pc and click on the game it says the application is not a valid win32 application sumtin or.. Not a valid image or sumtin... How can I prevent this... Any help?

-reply by vince

Not a valid Win32 application problem

Hi! Every time I pop in a CD or DVD in my new Lite-On DVDRW LH-20A1H LLOC with Lightscribe drive, the message "not a valid win32 application" is displayed. This happens with any CD or DVD that work fine in other PCs (wiht the same Windows XP Prof Ed as mine).

This DVDRW drive came with a bundled Nero 7.7 software, which I installed (thinking it was the best match for this drive). It refused to burn multi-session CD's or DVD's, and could not read the CDs or DVDs it burned. I also got the overly redundant message "advrcntr2.Dll not found" (though the file was there and was NOT corrupted).

I uninstall ed Nero 7.7, then "downgraded" my old Nero to 6.6.08 which worked fine in the past. For about 2-3 weeks, this Nero version worked fine. One day, it refused to continue multi-session discs, then later insisted those discs had I/O device errors (though those discs worked fine in other PCs). Then the drive began to not read any discs it burned. Then it began to display "advrcntr2.Dll not found" every time I open a folder with any video or audio files. Nero advised me to run their General Cleaner tool and Registry Fix, which I did. I also defragmented my 2 hard disks twice. The dll error stopped, but now I could not re-install Nero or any other program. :eek:

Then the drive stopped reading any CD or DVD's altogether. Every time I pop in any CD or DVD, the error message "not a valid win32 application" is displayed. :eek:

I checked for viruses and worms (even Sub7, Ravmon, etc), and my PC has turned up clean. No autorun.Inf file or any .Dlls from worms. I re-installed WinXP from boot-up (since even the Windows installation disk could not be recognized and the "not a valid win32 application" error comes up too). No CD or DVD can still be read. I de fragmented my disks again and again, ran registry fix, ran HJT, etc and re-installed Windows one more time. I also saved the registry fix 5 recommended on one forum. Still no change. I ran chkdsk many times, but only the /are option was accepted. It kept saying that the /p option was not valid. Still no change.

I am at my wits' end. :4-don't know I have tried every single suggestion in every link I found on the net regarding this error message, and still no solution. :sigh: Please, can you help me out?

Thanks very much.

-Soleil.Lune

I think the drive's lens alignment has failed. Hence the drive is not able to read/write properly. If its under warranty get it replaced. Did you try connecting this drive to any other system ?

same prob but a bit diff...

I got that problem on an online game at first it is working well.. Then as I was playing we had a blackout.. Then when I reopened my pc and click on the game it says the application is not a valid win32 application sumtin or.. Not a valid image or sumtin... How can I prevent this... Any help?

-reply by vince

I believe your problem is totally different from the above ;)

You lost some files due to the blackout .. remove and resintall the game. That should work .. Were you running the game from an image ?

cant open foldersError Not A Valid Win32 Application

I opened an exe file in my pen drive and now my music and movies folders have turned to .Exe and whenever I try to open them, it says not a valid win32 application. I'm not able to access my folders. I can open the files by typing their address in the address bar however I'm not able to open them by clicking on them.    plzz help

-question by aishwary

Anti-Virus Scareware problemError Not A Valid Win32 Application

I got the dreaded IS2010 yesterday. Now I can't get past the WIN 32 re-start. I have access to a computer and can down load stuff, but I am computer illiterate as to how to get the thing to boot up to getit fixed.

-reply by Chris Harris