xisto Community
sparx

Advice On MP3 Player Needed Must have FM tuner + min. 2 GB capacity

This is funny. IF you all read the person's first post, it was made a long, long time ago. This topic has resurrected from the dead! Nevertheless, I would recommend a sandisk sansa. Very good player with great features.

It's true. Resurrected after a year and a half. But i agree about the Sandisk. I just bought a 2 GB 240c Sansa, and stuck another 2GB in it with the expansion slot. 4GB Mp3 player, FM tuner, Voice recording, Radio recording, all for only $110. Generic chinese products aside, you can't do much better than that price.

I would actually go for a phone and music player.

I recommend the Sony Ericsson W810 (i/c depending on region) or the newer Sony Ericsson W580(i/c depending on region). You can constantly upgrade it's storage size by buying a larger Memory Stick. The W810 has 350 hours of standby and 8 hours of talk time. The W580 has 370 hours of standby and 9 hours of talk time.

Both have radio tuners, but sadly, no WMA support.

Posted Image

My Sony Ericsson W810i on the left and my old Motorola ROKR on the right (man, that phone lagged and sucked, especially iTunes).

xboxrulz

Hey i picked up a 1st generation Zune (30GB / White) for $175.00. It is kool, i like it. The only thing i didn't notice at purchase time was you have to buy all the accessories like car charger/adapter, wall adapter, and docking station if you wanna a wireless remote and connect to TV. I just bought a scratch resistant plastic case (non-Microsoft) for $25.00.I've been adding my some music, photos, and video to it. One thing i do recommend is that you backup all your music, photos, and video to DVD's before you install the software because it will want to manage it as a library and the files - updating and removing meta tags using Microsoft Zunes's 3rd party resources. It bummed me out cause i spent a long time sorting out my folders by genre and the like.The 2nd generation Zunes will have 80GB, touch controls, premium headphones, slimer design, scratch resistant glass, and big screens will be out on the 3rd week of November. And the Zune software/devices will receive a software/firmware revision on November 13th via internet upgrade!So far i have: 1381 songs - AAC, M4A, MP3, WMA 51 pictures - JPGs 4 videos - WMA Scarface - 2.9 hours, widescreen @ 789MB (512kbps windows video 9 CBR, 128kbps windows audio 9 CBR) Creepshow 2 - 89 minutes, fullscreen @ 577 MB (768kbps windows video 9 CBR, 128kbps windows audio 9 CBR)I've been reading online there are software/registry hacks; Hard drive, antenna, battery mods; and other file sharing capabilities, and undocumented efforts for playing divx and other codecs, and exploiting the WiFi capabilities. *** Caution People - may void your warranty *** B)Bottom line, this is certainly a next generation contender to consider. I'll mostly likely give my Zune to girlfriend and get the next 2nd generation one when it is released! :rolleyes:

If you are looking for a good mp3 player I would go with the apple brand, they made everything better each month offer more storage capacity. But if you are looking into other brands other than apple I would suggest that your next brand would be creative. I believe that creative started the mp3 player movement, and apple made that idea better with their design and interface style. But the current two that you have as options in the creative brand should be more than good enough for your needs. But if you are willing to dish out some cash I would suggest getting a IPOD because it offers a very compact and sleek look and feel that you wont be dissatisfied with. I wouldnt have mentioned gettin the apple brand if I didnt think its worth it, mostly everyone that I know uses one, compared to other brands.

I've been looking for a phone, mp3 player and camera reccently. Having all in one, firstly phone, is quite easy. You can get 5 megapixel camera walkman from Sony Erricson, and they accept SD that can be massive.