xisto Community
marretas

My Windows Shuts Down By Itself After Sometime

Hey guys i'm posting here my issue because i think its a hardware problem, i've formated my hard drive some will ago and sometimes when i open Internet Explorer the windows shutsdown, first i thougth it was from Microsoft Internet Explorer but then i've installed Modzilla FireFox and the problem remains. What the hell can this be? Any ideas ? Thks, cheers

Im guessing it's some kind of a virus. Try scandisk of some spyware removal software such as adaware. But if you would like to get help for that issue, some more info would be good...

Does it just shutdown, or is there a countdown maybe? Probably is a virus, so try AdAware and Spybot. If they don't find anything, give it a shot with KAV or NOD.

There is another post on this forum, with this virus making a shutdown with a countdown.I think I remember that the trick was typing "shutdown -a" in a console window in order to abort the shutdown and make the antivirus complete the cleanup.

Hey guys i'm posting here my issue because i think its a hardware problem, i've formated my hard drive some will ago and sometimes when i open Internet Explorer the windows shutsdown, first i thougth it was from Microsoft Internet Explorer but then i've installed Modzilla FireFox and the problem remains. What the hell can this be? Any ideas ?
Thks, cheers

If your antivirus and anti-spyware fail to detect any infection in your system then use HijackThis to generate a log of all the abnormalities in your system and then analyze it manually to see if there's any program that you did not install or which seems malicious. HijackThis scans the system to check for anything which has changed from the Windows default setting, such as any 3rd party service, toolbar in IE, extra context menu item, etc. If you can't understand the log generated by HijackThis then have someone else take a look at it or post it at the forums.
Edited by Aditya (see edit history)