xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
marretas

Future Technology

Everyone is seeing what technologie can do for us. But when i started up messing up with computers, my first computer was a Pentium something 10 Mhz ( Clock) damn fast. LOL it was about 10 years ago. Now i'm asking how will be the future of Computers Tecnhologie ? 1 Tera Processor Clock ? 10 Gb memorie ? Hallographie monitors ? how can evolute internet, an pc's software and hardware ? Have some ideas ? Share with me. :lol: cheers m8's

I think the most noticeable advances would be related to the moniters. (Afterall, that's what we look at when we're on the computer.) Holographic screens may be possible, but unless a miracle/accident happens, I don't think we're get it until a looong time in the future, after we're dead. But here's a cool moniter that may be possible in our lifetime: a tiny projector that puts the image onto a thin peice of glass. The light will be reflected into our eyes with the glass. That way, the moniter can be very thin and be less hot. I don't know how to make that, but I'm sure it can be done.

And the controls will be amazing too. The computers in Minority Report were really cool. There are currently "keyboards" that can detect your fingers with just its laser, so that you can type on any surfaces at all. I think they can make it 3 dimensional in the future.

I personaly hope that they will produce some link between organic and electronic components... As someone posted in some post earlier here, that scientists linked microchip to brain... Anyway to get to the point:Neural networks, or processors, or whaever chips would perform much faster than regular chips, because of the fact that information would be traveling with speed of light, and that speed we would call "neuroherz" :lol:Hehe, it's nice to think what will be in future... But who knows what the sea of brainstormed scientists will bring tomorow... :lol:

Someday Microsoft will implant the computers into our skulls. We'll just have to blink a certain number of times to access Windows Cranium (or maybe they'll give it a catchier, less disturbing name). It'll be like playing the Virtual Boy, but without the external headset that you peer into. Just think and it'll type your e-mail for you. Blink three times and get music-on-demand. Blink eight times and the system crashes. Get debris in your eye and accidentally hack the White House's Cranium/Web site.

And yes, I'm being mildly absurd. But if you check out Wired mag's Web site, you'll find that scientists have already put computers into a guy's head. He was blind, so they basically drilled into his skull and inserted the appropriate hardware/software so that he could see rudimentary renditions of things that were actually in front of him.

If they could do that a few years ago, we could have skull-based operating systems in the future.

God help us all.

Yeah, a Windows Cranium would be really nice, disturbing, but nice.Well I think the future technologies would be something like Exa HDD, an internally cooled 4.2 Pentabyte processor that keeps the processor at 0º and DDR4, 5, 6... or a new generation umm XB Ram (XB would stand for eXtremely Big) and 1gh video cards, who knows? I mean, 7 yeas ago the fastest processor was a Pentium II. The technology advances at very huge steps.

In the immediate future (defined as 5-10 years) will likely be a continuing trend towards portability. That is more and more wireless, and smaller and smaller integrated peripherals. While the execution of Microsoft's new 'iPod' wasn't that stellar, I think that they were tapping into this growing trend. Given the current state of microprocessor technologies, it's really hard to tell where things will be in the farther future. Dual core processing, while neat and damn fast (relative to their single core cousins) is not a quantum leap in technology... it's just two processors. So... are chip manufacturers going to do the same thing as razor companies? just keeping adding more chips (blades) and calling it cutting edge? We must be fast approaching a diminishing return on the extent of our current technologies. I'm hoping something like non-binary computing takes off (DNA, quantum... etc.). Or perhaps we are not done with miniaturization just yet. Perhaps all technologies will get a big boost from the nano field. In either case, I'm just giddy with excitement to realize that something big must be just over the horizon...

Just think, for all the students who can't stand class, we can surf the web and chat with friends in the middle class. We can listen to music and ignore the teacher. (Is this what we really want to happen???) I think that if they start putting computers in people's heads it would end up in a bad way. I mean start with a computer and then what, mind controlling components, stuff like that. No I think computers should remain on the desk, in your lap or in your pocket NOT in your head. That worries me a little too much.

It is amazing what can be done with the technology that is currently in hand. We are getting used to all kind of gadgets. Its amazing what you can do with a PDA with an integrated mobile phone, including camera, e-mail, wirless, all integrated. We should however be careful. I believe that we are relying on computers and find ourselves stuck when we do not have the technology that we are used to at hand. A simple example – how many times have we found ourselves not being able to perform a simple division and have opted to using the calculator on our PC or mobile phone or PDA. My Dad amazes me how he manages to do loads of calculations mentally, while it is much more difficult for me – I have to really try hard. I just hope that my kids don’t take everything for granted and find themselves relying on computers.Don’t get the wrong picture of me, I am not against computers – I have been in IT for the past 10+ years. I just want to hope that we can still think with our own brains.

Just think, for all the students who can't stand class, we can surf the web and chat with friends in the middle class. We can listen to music and ignore the teacher. (Is this what we really want to happen???) I think that if they start putting computers in people's heads it would end up in a bad way. I mean start with a computer and then what, mind controlling components, stuff like that. No I think computers should remain on the desk, in your lap or in your pocket NOT in your head. That worries me a little too much.

But Internet was thought to be something very bad too, but look how much good things it offers now ? What would you be doing without the Internet ? Of course, I agree that a lot of bad things can happen (Especially thinking about Future Technology) that is why we need to think about different alternatives and maybe choose the best one ? but a lot of people are not organized and usually tries to eliminate the problems, when they have already happened.. Everything has a good and a bad side.

computer tech is evolving so fast in a little amount of time that soon you wont even have to read, just download the inof into your brain and be able to access it just by thought, it is a great and disturbing idea all at the same time because instead of protecting hackers against your computer you will have to protect them against your mind ...lol

One day, I'll wave my hand in the air to turn the computer on instantly, log on by using my thumbprint, rotate the holographic screen by waving my hands around it, move my eyes around to move the cursor, and blink to click.Mind you, that would be inconvenient."Err.... I was kinda looking at the 'Self Destruct' button on the computer, and... well... I blinked."We could also get phones that go in our teeth. Teeth are very good at picking up signals and sending sounds to our ears (true story!)Teacher: "Whose tooth is that!? Detention!"