xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Future Of Pay Per Click Programs- Your Views

There is a rumor in the internet community that pay per click programs ( like Google Adsense) may not survive in future primarily because of the following two reasons:
1. Misuse of such programs by the webmasters.
2. Gradually increasing bidding rates due to increased competition.

However, Yahoo has also joined the race and has launched a program like Google Adsense . You can check it here:Yahoo! Publisher Network
I have seen a website displaying Yahoo ads ( âads by Yahooâ).
The program, launched by Yahoo! for the publishers, is in its BETA form. But you can still apply for it.

Now if the future of the pay per click program is that much dark, then why does Yahoo! Join the race! What do you think about it?

Regards,
SID

I personally think that the Pay-Per-Click advertising model is a very good model that has great potential. :lol:

Its shortcomings are not really that hard to overcome. When a Webmaster tries to abuse the system, the system bans the Webmaster! :lol:

As for increasing the bidding rates as the competition increases, well... that's the way with EVERYTHING in life. And it's never caused competitors to stop competing or prevented businesses from prospering. That's the way business is done, really. :)

Transcendum has nailed the response and i dont think thre is much to add accept the use of revisions. Just because webmasters have found ways to exploit the system currently being used it does not mean the system itself is doomed. With time and as said above further revisions the pay per click model can improve and this is proved by companies such as yahoo putting their faith in the system.

I also agree with above that services like google adsense and similar pay per click are not going to be doomed in the future, it may even grow, because google get a lot of money from adwords and etc. furthermore, imagine that every banned person left his money and it is not a surprise that yahoo launched something similar to google adsense, because it has potential. I just hope that they (pay per click services) will get more advanced, even though they got so far by now. :lol:

Yeh, i think these programs wll survive too, of course.. Even if biding rates increase, people will keep becoming and keep being advertisers in order to bring more and more traffic to their websites.. So there will always be ads for publishers to display in their websites, and they will start earning more and more for each click.. I also noticed that a lot of advertisers are publishers too, so this people harly waste money with advertising and eget traffic to their websites too.. smart..All this things make me belive that pay-per-click advertising is going to be a really powerfull business in the future.. And a business that will be avaible for everyone with internet and a website.. Fast and easy when compared to most of the other business i know..