xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

phpBB2 To php-Nuke How can I change??

Hi everyone, Im wanting to change from phpBB2 to a phpNuke Board.. and all my members and posts.. can anyone help me out with this? :lol:And also whats the difference between phpBB2 and phpNuke, is Nuke portal based? Or is that just a mod people put on.

Edited by Master User (see edit history)

If you don't know the difference between phpBB and phpNuke yet then I suggest you first learn about it and then decide whether to switch over to phpNuke or not. phpNuke is not just a mod for phpBB, it is a Content Management System(CMS) which can be used to create a web-portal(as you might call it). Here's a description of phpNuke in the words of its creator Francisco Burzi:

PHP-Nuke is a Web Portal System, storytelling software, News system, online community or whatever you want to call it. The goal of PHP-Nuke is to have an automated web site to distribute news and articles with users system. Each user can submit comments to discuss the articles, just similar to Slashdot and many others.
Main features include: web based admin, surveys, top page, access stats page with counter, user customizable box, themes manager for registered users, friendly administration GUI with graphic topic manager, option to edit or delete stories, option to delete comments, moderation system, Referers page to know who link us, sections manager, customizable HTML blocks, user and authors edit, an integrated Banners Ads system, search engine, backend/headlines generation (RSS/RDF format), and many, many more friendly functions.

PHP-Nuke is written 100% in PHP and requires Apache Web server, PHP and a SQL (MySQL, mSQL, PostgreSQL, ODBC, ODBC_Adabas, Sybase or Interbase). Support for 25 languages, Yahoo like search engine, Comments option in Polls, lot of themes, Ephemerids manager, File Manager, Headlines, download manager, faq manager, advanced blocks systems, reviews system, newsletter, categorized articles, multilanguage content management and a lot more.

As fas as transfering phpBB to phpNuke is concerned, a thread on this same topic has already been started. Read it here
You can read more about transfering from phpBB to phpNuke in the following pages:
phpBB Support Forums (Converters)
phpNuke Documentation (From phpBB to phpNuke)

You can go straight to the download page on Nuke Cops at this LINK and it will be the second one.

PHP-Nuke is a CMS (Content Management System) with news, forums, weather (if you add it) topics, RSS feeds, all kinds of modules and blocks some coming standard with it and others that you can add. It uses a ported version of phpBB2 which is why you need to convert the database tables. phpBB calls its users phpbb_users where with PHP-Nuke they are nuke_users phpBB calls is Posts table phpbb_posts where PHP-Nuke calls them nuke_bbposts.

phpBB calls the tables in script with $table_prefix and PHP-Nuke uses $prefix this is the reason for changing the table structure with a utility like phpbb 2 PHP-Nuke. Also most MODs for phpBB will not work without being ported to PHP-Nuke, I have ported 30 of them to PHP-Nuke, such as the Attachment MOD or the BB Code Box, country flags, logos, gender MOD, and more if you do go to PHP-Nuke and wish to find MODS that work with PHP-Nuke them PM me and I'll point you to plenty of them.

Edited by Houdini (see edit history)