xisto Community
nightfox1405241487

Server Slow On LAN, Fast On The Internet

Now try to admission your server and see if there's any big aberration in admission speed. Don't ask me why - I couldn't atom the exact reason, but it did massively advance connectivity in my case. I begin this experimentally. So I affected it had to be some IP/domain resolution accompanying issue. Also my FC4 has SELinux installed - this could be it's accomplishing too. Maybe accepting your own admission IPs hardcoded into these files somehow makes admission a lot quicker. Anyway, my arrangement is like a hardly abate adaptation of a action network. It absolutely is. My router has one computer attached, and one cable that runs through my abode to my allowance and from there into my old arrangement hub which I got from my academy for free. From there a wireless admission point and usually 3-2 PCs will be affiliated and two affix via the router's admission point and/or the added admission point (the added one is mainly so I can get a bigger affiliation alfresco charge be). But I'm traveling to go advanced and book out your fix and try it.

Edited by fuji0020 (see edit history)

Slow internet access via wirelessServer Slow On LAN, Fast On The Internet

I have no problem accessing a fast internet connection on myIMac via an Ethernet cable to my Netgear 8011n Router via a thick wall. However,My wireless access to the internet on my Mac Powerbook has become desperatelySlow - whether it is placed next to the router on the Netgear network or next toMy iMac via its Airport network. It was all ok initially and was still so evenAfter I upgraded both machines to Leopard - now access via the Powerbook hasSlowed dramatically by comparison! I don’t recall having changed any settingsOn my Powerbook.  Anyone any ideasPlease?

-reply by P S G Adams