xisto Community
lonebyrd

MySQL For EasyPHP Users Does anyone use this program?

I installed a program called EasyPHP because it was an easy install and I wanted to be able to learn php and still be able to down the road learn MySQL. But I can't figure out how to use MySQL. Does anyone out there use this program that could tell me alittle about it. Alot of the product site is written in a different language, but everything on the program is english so that is good. Any help would be appreciated.

The bundle should have installed mysql with the software. One way of checking is to create a new file, and see if everythings set up in your php.ini settings. Simply put this file in the /www/ directory that your localhost (127.0.0.1) points to.

<?phpphpinfo();?>

Scroll down through it and see if mysql has a section in there. If so, php is configured. You can also look through your services to see if mysql has been installed on your system.

Start->Run->services.msc

Scroll through that and see if mysql is running (or look in your processes by using alt+ctrl+delete). After that you're probably in business. It would have asked you for a user name and password for mysql database, just use those when you access it.

If you're not very strong in SQL, I would recommend finding a package that has phpMyAdmin with it so you can have a GUI and very friendly environment to work with. Here's a list of other packaged web servers.

FoxServ

http://www.foxserv.net/

-FoxServ is an Apache / mySQL / PHP installer package for Windows. FoxServ features the latest version of all included pacakges, user defined configuration during installation, PHP as a module, PEAR, and the Zend Optimizer

Fire Pages

http://www.firepages.com.au/

-Large number of installer packages, always with the latest and greatest version of PHP, Apache, MySQL, phpMyAdmin etc. Usually has news/installing programs for Beta versions as well.

PHP Triad For Windows

https://sourceforge.net/projects/phptriad/

-An installer of Apache, MySQL and PHP for Windows

AppServ

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

-An automatic installation of PHP, MySQL, Apache, phpMyAdmin, PHP-Nuke.

Taken from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

If you're wanting to learn sql then I suggest http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/php/ and scroll down to where you see the introductory to databases. There's better resources, but you should be able to understand these tutorials/primers well enough to get the jist of everything. Once you get the hang of it you can try more advanced guides.

Edited by minnieadkins (see edit history)

Google on xampp. It is a bundled package containing Apache, Mysql, Php, Perl, phpadmin , mercurymail, and a whack of other stuff. I installed it about a month ago. No problems.

Yes I agree XAMPP is great I have been using it for at least three years now WAMP is also good, I do not know alot about easyphp but to test your MySQL install, since apparently you have not made any changes to your MySQL server yet copy and place this in your web root directory if it is www then put it there, or the place where you placed the phpinfo code earlier mentioned. This file will connect to your MySQL server and show its status. Name the file mysql.php as shown in the comment of the file then point your browser to your localhost and that file and you should see a table with all kinds of stuff about your MySQL install, or you will get an error.

<html><head><title>Test MySQL</title><body><!-- mysql.php --><?php$host="localhost";$user="root";$pass="";mysql_connect($host,$user,$pass);$sql="show status";$result=mysql_query($sql);if($result==0)  echo("<b>Error ".mysql_errno().":" . mysql_error() ."</b>"); elseif(mysql_num_rows($result)==0)  echo("<b>Query executed sucessfully!</b>");else{?><!-- Table that displays the results --><table border ="1">  <tr><td><b>Variable name</b></td><td><b>Value</b></td></tr>  <?php	for($i=0;$i < mysql_num_rows($result);$i++){	  echo("<tr>");	  $row_array = mysql_fetch_row($result);	  for($j=0;$j < mysql_num_fields($result); $j++){		echo("<td>".$row_array[$j]."</td>");	}	echo("</tr>");  } ?></table><?php} ?></body></html>

There's nothing wrong with EasyPHP at all, I use it for testing and even for some users to access tests of some of my site and general script building. It has PHP, MySQL, Apache and PHPMyAdmin all bundled and is quite easy to use. Once you have EasyPHP started try going to localhost in your browser. If you are building up a site try putting it into the WWW folder of EasyPHP for example: PathToEasyPHP/WWW/YourSite. If you have an index.htm, .html or .php then just simply put in your browser LOCALHOST/YourSite/

and it should go directly to the main page. This way you can also have many different sites set up. If you need any help learning PHP and MySQL I might be able to help you out, I'll also keep an eye out for some good sites for learning, search Google for PHPFreaks, I visit there quite often and they are very helpful. EDIT: Also if you do end up learning PHP, do some searching on the include command of PHP it is very usefull, much like using borderless iframes but it injects the source of the file directly at that point.

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

EasyPHP users should all switch to XAMPP

MySQL For EasyPHP Users

Replying to HoudiniThank you so much Houdini ! EasyPHP seems like a kid compared to XAMPP which is a mature teen compared to a fully deployed package.

Very convivial, easier than EasyPHP. Oh the irony ! :)

-reply by DynV

cant able to connect mysql MySQL For EasyPHP Users

hi am installed EasyPHP I cant able to access the mysql features am getting an error message like  

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.Mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in C:Program FilesEasyPHP-5.3.3wwwsample.Php on line 2Could not connect: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

my PHP code is

<?php

$con = mysql_connect("localhost","root","");

if (!$con)

{

die('Could not connect: ' . Mysql_error());

}

// Create database

if (mysql_query("CREATE DATABASE my_db",$con))

{

echo "Database created";

}

else

{

echo "Error creating database: " . Mysql_error();

}

// Create table

mysql_select_db("my_db", $con);

$sql = "CREATE TABLE Persons

(

FirstName varchar(15),

LastName varchar(15),

Age int

)";

// Execute query

mysql_query($sql,$con);

mysql_close($con);

?>

I don't know what is the problem can anyone please help me!

-reply by sathya