xisto Community
evion

A Free Graphic Design Program That Could Equal Photoshop?

If you can get over with the initial confusion gimp will turn out to be a good choice. Its user interface is not the most intuitive one.

The best is to get an introduction from a gimp user; if not from one of those training videos.

I agree with jovita, The Gimp is your best choice, now, there are some others programs if you don't need all the advanced features of this program.

Best regards,

I reccomend using GimpShop, heres the unofficial site https://www.gimpshop.com/opensource/

I think that should be https://www.gimpshop.com/.
Yet another Linux user, Gimp is what I use. But then, I really really hate the lack of folders in Gimp layers. Photoshop can do so much more than Gimp mainly because of that one function.

yeah, i just try it and my first impression is that its interface is more friendly than the gimp.

regards,

TavoxPeru supplied a link to gimpshop. Following that link got me to a page that says in part: Buy this domain / Interested in this domainname? Contact ...

I'm guessing that "Gimpshop" died since that was posted a little over a month ago. :D

I too have used gimp, but found it difficult. It appears that graphic artists use a mouse in a way that is intuitive to them, but confusing to me... :mellow:

TavoxPeru supplied a link to gimpshop. Following that link got me to a page that says in part: Buy this domain / Interested in this domainname? Contact ...

I'm guessing that "Gimpshop" died since that was posted a little over a month ago. :D

I think I may have answered that in the post just prior to yours.

I too have used gimp, but found it difficult. It appears that graphic artists use a mouse in a way that is intuitive to them, but confusing to me... :mellow:

Many of use use a Tablet. Very common with Photoshop users. A lot of pros actually start from a pencil & paper sketch scanned in as this flows better then trying to draw directly to screen.

Gimp is OK it is not Photoshop's equal by ant stretch of the imagination however. Regardless it is certain to be sufficient for non-professional use. Where Photoshop truly separates itself from itself from other applications is in print. Last I checked Gimp had nothing for color trapping or any spot color options. It does not really need them though. Photoshop elements is a good option for not too expensive but with some of the more professional options of CS3.

Sorry docduke but i'm not the one who supplied that link, the correct user who did it was ardent11.

Best regards,

You could crack CS3 or CS4 (not endorsed by me) but i would have to say the best free alternative is GIMP. Features are ALMOST as good as photoshop and for software that is free I would say its definitely worthwhile to check out!